Thread: cyclocross races

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    President

Can't reveal my supplier she my cut me off, Oh crap I already said to much I got to go...
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I don't understand why the people in the pictures are dismounting a perfectly rideable bike to carry it over an obstacle when they could just as easily bunny-hop or just go around it
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    I don't understand why the people in the pictures are dismounting a perfectly rideable bike to carry it over an obstacle when they could just as easily bunny-hop or just go around it
    Common misconception, as much as I can bunny hop, trying to do it that fast in that short of an area is just impossible. From the USA Cycling Rulebook: This shall consist of two barriers of wooden or other non-metallic material, standing vertically, 40cm tall, 4 meters apart, and taking up the full width of the race course.

Also this is a great place to take advantage of people who have not practiced this skill and pick up a spot or 2 in the race.

Here is the video of me from Psyclofest a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Xn3WASEW4

I was just joke'n Thanx for educating me on the official rule though. Even though I knew you couldn't do what I said, I didn't know the official height and rule about the barriers.
    I remember that clip and privately noting how well you performed the dismount, jumps, and re-mount. Well done my friend.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by greenfast View Post
    Common misconception, as much as I can bunny hop, trying to do it that fast in that short of an area is just impossible. From the USA Cycling Rulebook: This shall consist of two barriers of wooden or other non-metallic material, standing vertically, 40cm tall, 4 meters apart, and taking up the full width of the race course.

Also this is a great place to take advantage of people who have not practiced this skill and pick up a spot or 2 in the race.

Here is the video of me from Psyclofest a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Xn3WASEW4
    The first cross race I attended was that one. I was amazed at how fast some guys could cross those barriers.