Thread: Boy Scout MTB Clinic is Saturday Morning AUG 2

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Boy Scout MTB Clinic is Saturday Morning AUG 2

I put wrong date on other thread.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

A friend of mine is a scout leader and asked me to spend a morning with them going over skills and taking them on a ride.

This will happen this weekend at Scott County Park. Anna and I are the lead on this but could use some help. There will be about 15 scouts there ages 11-16. My expectations:

8:30 to start assessing the bikes: do the tires hold air, do brakes work OK, and is the chain lubed.
    Could use some folks to help with this, bring a pump and chain lube.
    I assume someone will have a flat and plan to demonstrate the patching of a tube. Going to check with a bike shop about getting some discounted patch kits to give them each one

At this same time a couple people could set up some cones for a braking skill set, a small log to ride over, slow speed maneuvering. If someone had a way to transport a piece of lumber to use as skinny that would be cool.

By 10:30 want to get out and ride some trail. If we really have 15 scouts will want to divide into at least 2 groups or even three if we have enough volunteers.

If you can help out that would be great. Even if just for part of the time. A great excuse to get to Scott County Park to volunteer and then ride.

Thanks!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist