Thread: Summer Time Trial Series

Default Summer Time Trial Series

For those of you that were not in attendance at last weeks monthly membership meeting, I am kicking around the idea of putting on a summer time trial series. I'm thinking somewhere in the range of 4-8 TT's over the course of the season, mostly on week nights (similar to the ICORR TT series by our good pal Rage). Before I set the schedule, I wanted to get the opinion of the masses on a few items:

1. What night of the week works best for you?
    2. Would you rather have the TT's take place at a variety of trail systems or keep it at one trail system (Sunderbruch) for consistency?
    3. A typical winning time for a TT is around 20 minutes. Is there any interest in a "long course" TT event? (complete lap at SBP, etc)

If you have any other comments or suggestions, feel free to send them my way!

-Vitt

1. Monday, Thursday, Friday
    2. Variety sounds great to me
    3. 20 minutes is ideal. Enough time to get everyone up and through and then HFDB.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

variety. maybe pick different days in case someone can't make it on Tuesdays they can make it to a Thursday. As we get later in the season a longer TT is good too. I love doing TT's. I will help as often as I can.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Sign me up....

Im in.

1. Thursday ( work til 6ish every night)
    2. Variety
    3. short or long would be fine
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Sounds great to me! Thursday would be best for me or any night after 630, which is probably a bit late.
    "Don't consider that you might have had a bad race, consider that you've set the bar sufficiently low that you should have no problem besting yourself." - Aaron Baltins

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them." - Ernest Hemingway

When is summer? :/
    "Don't consider that you might have had a bad race, consider that you've set the bar sufficiently low that you should have no problem besting yourself." - Aaron Baltins

"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them." - Ernest Hemingway

I can probably make one at Illiniwek, but any of the other parks would be too far to ride to make it in time. No worries, though, as weeknights are usually bad for me.

I'm in. 6:00 or after works best for me.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Tuesday Thursday Friday

Variety

20 mins is perfect! 1 Can always grab another lap!

So it looks like Thursday is the preferred day of the week, on a variety of trails, and standard TT length courses.

Again, let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions...now is the time to speak up!

shotgun beer TT...
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Shotgun beer at Open/Closed sign

Shot of whiskey at the Moontower

Shotgun beer at Kickapoo Down

Party
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Shotgun beer at Open/Closed sign

Shot of whiskey at the Moontower

Shotgun beer at Kickapoo Down

Party
    I'm in!!! Don't forget to fill a camel pak with fireball!

Drinking is stupid,
    Your ideas are stupid.

For real.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.