Thread: Rays, Milwaukee

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Rays, Milwaukee

Rays has a $25.00 for 1st timers that includes admission and bike rental and safety stuff. Looks like they used the far right room to make a new Novice area. Video is from Cleveland, but Milwaukee is probably similar.

A season pass is $300.00 this year. Not sure if they have the 50% reduction for each additional family member like they did last year. Last year Poof and I used our season passes quite a bit- me and her would ride 2 days and it would only cost $70 for the hotel. Which has a VEY nice pool and hot tub area.

If you don't know what Rays is, it's like heaven for technical riders- or anyone wanting to enjoy technical stuff instead of being nervous about it. You can learn more skills in 1 day at Rays than a whole summer riding trails- and then take those skills back to the trails and enjoy them even more!

last year I went 17 times from January 1st to April 1st. May not go THAT much this year- but the van will be headed there when the weather gets crappy, and I usually post any empty seats here.

More info-
    http://www.raysmtb.com/mke/index.php...d=61&Itemid=92

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Some more season pass info/options (stolen from email from Rays):

Rays MTB now has TWO ways to set you up with a Season Pass! The first way is simple. RaysMTB Season Pass price stayed the same at $299 plus tax. Simply plunk down the dough, and away you go.

New for this year, we've created a 'Frequent Flier' style reward program. Every time you visit the park and pay for a daily entry, your visit counts towards earning a Season Pass. After eighteen paid visits, a Season Pass to RaysMTB is yours! All eighteen visits must be full price - discounted entries do not count towards earning a Season Pass.

What do you get when you buy a Season Pass to Rays Indoor Bike Park? Season Pass members are welcome to come and ride as much as they can handle! A Season Pass is good for admission to either Milwaukee or Cleveland locations. RaysMTB provides a 'members only' area for Season Pass holders to store their bikes right at the park; how convenient is that? As if that wasn't enough, Season Pass members get a 'Tube-O-Stuff': certificate, two decal sheets, carpenters pencil, key fob, and a wrist band. Park riders also get a longer, 'perfect weather' riding season this year. Both parks opened October 1st and will be open until April 29th...that's SEVEN whole months of fun!

We want you to bring your entire family to Ray's and we have a special Family Rate pricing program to make it affordable. For every member of your family, the price of their season pass goes down. The price doesn't just go down a little bit...it gets cut in half! Here's an example...Parent #1 Season Pass costs $299. Parent #2 Season Pass costs $150. Child #1 Season Pass cost $75. Child #2 Season Pass costs $34.50....etc. This program is valid for direct family members only. Sorry, no cousins, neighbors, or momentarily adopted kids :)
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

That half price dealy for additional family members is cool- poof and I took advantage of that last year.

The dood at the counter was telling us that a guy came in with his wife and 5 kids. The last kid got a season pass for $5!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I wish they would buy the menards on 53rd, I would prebuy a season pass for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebuff View Post
    I wish they would buy the menards on 53rd, I would prebuy a season pass for that.
    It would be nice, but the QC isn't exactly a big metropolitan area like Cleveland and Milwaukee are. But with Standard bikes being a company in the QC maybe there would be enough BMX bikers to support it. That bike/skate park down by the river gets quite a few kids daily. Ray's MTB Indoor Park Quad Cities... man that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    It would be nice, but the QC isn't exactly a big metropolitan area like Cleveland and Milwaukee are. But with Standard bikes being a company in the QC maybe there would be enough BMX bikers to support it. That bike/skate park down by the river gets quite a few kids daily. Ray's MTB Indoor Park Quad Cities... man that would be awesome!
    +1!!!!

We need to figure out how to make this happen!

trust me, it's been discussed multiple times over many, many beers.

so...for starters, other than purchasing the property, look for a sponsor willing to pony up a ton of dough...a "ton" meaning likely a million bucks or so... <--- Trek "rescued" Ray's in Milwaukee by purchasing the operation.

ready?

set?

GO!

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    trust me, it's been discussed multiple times over many, many beers.

so...for starters, other than purchasing the property, look for a sponsor willing to pony up a ton of dough...a "ton" meaning likely a million bucks or so... <--- Trek "rescued" Ray's in Milwaukee by purchasing the operation.

ready?

set?

GO!

you guys ride $2k mountain bikes. dont you have millions of dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    you guys ride $2k mountain bikes. dont you have millions of dollars?
    I used to, but I spent it on mountain bikes, and trips to ride them on. All I got left is a beat up van, a worn out bike and a whole lot of cool memories. Heck- don't even need pictures anymore- open any MTB mag, look at almost any pic and say "Ha, yeah, I went there with... That was a good time!"