Thread: Brown County, Indiana -- last weekend in April

Default Brown County, Indiana -- last weekend in April

Ever been to Brown County? No? You WILL want to check it out! Been there and want to return to ride sweet flowy professionally-built awesome trails? Keep reading...

A few of us are going to enjoy the flowy awesomeness that Brown County (Indiana) has to offer the last weekend in April (April 26th & 27th). Our plan is to leave after work on Friday (April 25th) to get the drive out of the way so we have all day to ride on Saturday (and Sunday til about Noon before packing up and hitting the road for home).

So far, 6 of us are going, maybe a seventh person. The group camp sites at the trail head are all taken, so we're going to grab a couple individual sites. Others who opt to go would need to reserve a site for themselves. 866 622-6746. $15 a night plus tax, two night minimum, up to 6 people and two tents. Also pondering maybe snagging one of their cabins. Never the less, we will figure out the lodging, but I do know that we are riding!

We are taking two vehicles so that we have a shuttle. It's much more fun to ride the trail from the top and then shuttle back up. Yes, this is your middle-aged 40-something talking. I'm opting for the shuttle so I can bomb back down the trail system again! No one will complain either way on your choice to get to the top of the hill, 'cept the shuttle driver gets compensation in the form of a craft beer.

Also posting on Facebook. Let us know if'n you're in!
    I wanna ride!

Looking at the extended weather forecast, looks like the last weekend in April may be soggy. We are going to wait and see how things pan out and make a decision closer to the date. We are considering the first weekend in May as an alternative. Stay tuned...
    I wanna ride!

Default Extended forecast still icky

The extended forecast for Brown County, IN still looks like it's going to make the last weekend in April a no-go. Still plenty of time for things to turn around... maybe...

Thursday Night
    Partly cloudy in the evening. Increasing clouds with periods of showers after midnight. Low near 55F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Friday
    Light rain early...then remaining cloudy with thundershowers developing in the afternoon. High 72F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Friday Night
    Showers and scattered thunderstorms. Low 52F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Saturday
    Thundershowers following a period of rain early. High 64F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
    Saturday Night
    Thunderstorms likely in the evening with a few scattered showers possible overnight. Low 44F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    Sunday
    Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High around 65F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Sunday Night
    Showers early becoming a steady light rain late. Low 49F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    I wanna ride!

Forecast looking a little more promising!!!

Well, we have given in. We are going to table Brown County for now since it's likely going to be rainy there on Sunday. Stay tuned for a new post when Mother Nature stops leaking.
    I wanna ride!