Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for Volunteers - 2014 FORC Races

Default Call for Volunteers - 2014 FORC Races

It's that time, folks...time to rally the troops and get things organized for our 2014 races! As most of you know, we need a small army of volunteers working behind the scenes to make sure everything runs smoothly and gets done.

Post up in this thread if you are willing to volunteer on our race days, and what you would prefer to do. We are going to do things a little different than in years past: Due to the close proximity of our race dates, we are going to ask that you volunteer for BOTH of the FORC races (Illiniwek on June 8 & Sunderbruch on July 13).

Obviously some of you will not be able to make both races and that is perfectly fine...we will find something for you to do so don't hesitate to sign up either way!

Some of the volunteer tasks include:

Course Setup/Teardown
    - Course Setup: The evening before the race
    - Venue Setup: The morning of the race (5:00 am - 7:00 am)
    - Course Teardown: after the expert race (4:00 pm - ???)

"The Tent":
    - Registration (7:00 am - 4:30 pm)
    - Swag (7:00 am - 4:30 pm)

Parking Organizers
    - A few hours in the morning to get things rolling (7:00 am - ???).

Course Marshals
    - Novice/Juniors (8:30 am - 10:30 am)
    - Sport (10:15 am - 12:30 pm)
    - Kids Race (12:30 pm - 1:00 pm)
    - Expert/Comp/Open (12:30 pm - 3:45 pm)

All times are preliminary.

I'll help with course & venue setup and teardown for both races.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I will help with setup and tear down also for both races, and I can course Marshall for everything but novice, as I plan on racing a bit more this year!

I'm in for set up and tear down plus course Marshall

You know I'll be there to do what ever!

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I'll be at your beck and call, Vitt. Setup, teardown, marshalling, etc.

Can't wait to put on another great FORC event!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'll be around for whatever needs done on both days. Preferably setup/tear-down and course marshaling (excluding the Sport race).

I'll be riding TOMRV for the June race, but I'm at your beck and call for the July race. Heh! Becky... at beck and call. OK, a lil' punch happy over here. All I really wanna do today is go ride my bike!
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    All I really wanna do today is go ride my bike!
    Heard that!!

yep

I'll do what ever is needed once my race is over (Novice (Cat 3). Put me on the race route somewhere, I like telling riders to "hurry the hell up, free beer awaits you at the finish". :)
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

i can help all day on july 13

Want a great spot to watch the Abermination? Sign up now to be a Course Marshal for the Illinewek Abermination! You will get a track side seat for all the excitement, dirt, sweat, flying bike parts, a stylin yellow vest and a walkie talkie! But wait, there’s more! In addition you will get the undying gratitude of FORC and about a thousand “hey thanks for doing this” from the participants.
    We will need about 15-20 people as marshals so please post up and reserve your spot. You can help with 1, 2 or all the races… and unlike mustaches, boom boxes are encouraged.

If watching the wheels go round n' round ain't your thing. Volunteers are needed for Registration, Merchandise and Set Up/Clean Up. Please post up and give a little time so everybody can enjoy the day without working too hard.

I would like to help with these event's just let me know, what I can do.

Just in case you missed your opportunity to sign up at the meeting last night, we still need some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Want a great spot to watch the Abermination? Sign up now to be a Course Marshal for the Illinewek Abermination! You will get a track side seat for all the excitement, dirt, sweat, flying bike parts, a stylin yellow vest and a walkie talkie! But wait, there’s more! In addition you will get the undying gratitude of FORC and about a thousand “hey thanks for doing this” from the participants.
    We will need about 15-20 people as marshals so please post up and reserve your spot. You can help with 1, 2 or all the races… and unlike mustaches, boom boxes are encouraged.

If watching the wheels go round n' round ain't your thing. Volunteers are needed for Registration, Merchandise and Set Up/Clean Up. Please post up and give a little time so everybody can enjoy the day without working too hard.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
    I would like to help with these event's just let me know, what I can do.
    Get in touch with Dave [dirtboy] and he can add you to the volunteer list. You can also show up to the first aid tent the day of the race and sign up to volunteer. It helps if you let us know before hand though so we aren't stressing about having enough people to fill the positions. Thanks for stepping up to help!

Deb and I will be there as course marshals and for set up.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Illinwek is sketchy for me atm so no promises that I'll be there atm.

Sunder ill be there, do whatever is needed after novice race

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

I'll race sport, so I could marshall Novice or Expert if needed.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    I'll do what ever is needed once my race is over (Novice (Cat 3). Put me on the race route somewhere, I like telling riders to "hurry the hell up, free beer awaits you at the finish". :)
    Thanks. Your inbox overfloweth; can't send you PM.

I can help set up. Marshal cat 3 or anything else.

Bumping the call for volunteers. If anyone is hesitant or new to things, no worries, we need your help and it is a Great opportunity to get to know more mt bikers and learn more about the sport! Please sign up by posting here, or PM me direct. You don't need anything, but Course Marshals may want to bring a small cooler w/your bev of preference, bug spray and a something to sit on -- you will have a front-row seat to all the action!
    For those coming out Saturday afternoon to help with course setup, we're contemplating camping out overnight down by the river. In a van.
    THANKS EVERYONE
    Guldy
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    For those coming out Saturday afternoon to help with course setup, we're contemplating camping out overnight down by the river. In a van.
    Guldy
    That's going to be a fun night. I believe the Taj-Ma-Paul will be there.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Volunteer Course Marshals -- THANK YOU for helping out this coming Sunday!
    You should have an email that I just sent this afternoon with Course Marshal information. If you did not receive the email, then you are not on the list. Send me a private message, need your full name, email, any race you entered. Or post up here but I won't get it as fast. We're in decent shape with Volunteer Marshals but could always spread the fun around to anyone interested.
    THANKS ALL
    ?

Still need any volunteer help for the FSTR race?