Thread: SoCoPa Open?

Default SoCoPa Open?

Good day to all riders!
    Just moved to De Witt from Twin Cities and bring along the baggage of a severe mtb adiction. Walked the SOCOPA trails this afternoon and am impressed. Also confused. Noticed several sets of bike treads (good ones not just Wally specials) have run around the trail since the last rain. In my opinion the trail should still be closed and the signs at the entrances seem to agree with me. Are those signs always there and we have to just use our own judgement or are they enforced? I know places like this can have some strict land managers so I just want to be sure before I head out. Also is it open all winter and to night rides?
    Thanks and hello to Forc
    Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by D Roberts View Post
    Good day to all riders!
    Just moved to De Witt from Twin Cities and bring along the baggage of a severe mtb adiction. Walked the SOCOPA trails this afternoon and am impressed. Also confused. Noticed several sets of bike treads (good ones not just Wally specials) have run around the trail since the last rain. In my opinion the trail should still be closed and the signs at the entrances seem to agree with me. Are those signs always there and we have to just use our own judgement or are they enforced? I know places like this can have some strict land managers so I just want to be sure before I head out. Also is it open all winter and to night rides?
    Thanks and hello to Forc
    Dan Roberts
    Hi and welcome to the QC Dan! Trail closures at Scott County Park are managed by the Park Rangers, and tend to be a little more on the conservative side than we might chose. This is due to the fact that they must keep trails closed to all users, and the horse trails tend to stay wet longer than the bike trails. Give them a call (number on our home page) before you head out. They have been very supportive of our efforts and are great to work with, will definitely give you the down-low on the trail conditions.

Keep a watch on the forums for group rides and try to hook up with us sometime. The season is winding down, but we'll be kicking it on a few night rides until it gets nasty.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.