Thread: Update on Mortgage Rates...

Default Update on Mortgage Rates...

It's been awhile since I posted about this, but I thought some might like to know that mortgage rates dipped once again. Right now, we're seeing 4.625% on 15yr and 5.125 - 5.25% on 30yr. I know there are a lot of renters on the Forum, too. 10/15/09 is the unofficial deadline for making an offer on a house in time to get the $8,000 tax credit. I've been able to help out several FORCers this summer. Thanks for the trust you put in me! If you or someone you know has questions about whether refinancing or homeownership is right for you/them, please call me: Ryan Cannady 563-940-9712.

The only thing better than riding is riding when your mortgage payments are lower!

hi, im twenty five years old, and have always rented. I live in clinton, and would like to buy a starter home. How much downpayment would I need to get into a home, and I could afford around a 500 dollar a month payment

I am no x pert but I think it is like 10% down so like $5000 dollars down on a $50,000 house and you can still take advantage of the first time home buyer deal til december.

Byke Dood is on the right track...However, there are options where you can get into a house with 5% down and even as little as 3.5% down. Where there's a will, there's a way and the tax credit makes the deal even sweeter! Think about it...You buy a house for $80k, put down $2,800, file for your $8,000 tax credit, pay yourself back $2,800 and use the other $5,200 to buy a sweet bike, some beer and still have some scratch leftover to pimp out your new domicile!!! If you have questions, I recommend that you give me a call. I'm not able to check the Forum every day. I work at American Bank in the Quad Cities. You can reach me at my office 309-732-5001 or cell 563-940-9712. Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    ... use the other $5,200 to buy a sweet bike, some beer and still have some scratch leftover...
    I like the way you think!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

hey thanks for the advice...i guess i still have some more saving to do before i can do anything, but basicly if i get a few grand together i can probably buy a house then huh? sounds good, hopefully next sping after tax returns and everything i should be sitting good. thanks again for the advice and when i get enough money rounded up maybe i will get ahold of you.

After watching this things don't sound good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORKkgGem26A

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    It's been awhile since I posted about this, but I thought some might like to know that mortgage rates dipped once again. Right now, we're seeing 4.625% on 15yr and 5.125 - 5.25% on 30yr. I know there are a lot of renters on the Forum, too. 10/15/09 is the unofficial deadline for making an offer on a house in time to get the $8,000 tax credit. I've been able to help out several FORCers this summer. Thanks for the trust you put in me! If you or someone you know has questions about whether refinancing or homeownership is right for you/them, please call me: Ryan Cannady 563-940-9712.

The only thing better than riding is riding when your mortgage payments are lower!
    Damn straight, Ryan helped me get a loan on my first house and did an awsome job walking me through everything (being I knew nothing about the process), setting me up w/ a loan at a unreal rate, and answering any and all questions I had, I'd recommend anyone looking at getting a house to talk with Ryan, about a mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'd recommend anyone looking at getting a house to talk with Ryan, about a mortgage.
    Brandon - Thanks, Man, that means a lot! There is nothing more exciting for me in business than to get someone in their first home plus you and Jodi were a blast to work with.

As for down payment stuff, if someone wanted to live in an outlying town with less than 2000 population, there is a program available for no money down in some cases...

... and I have a house and small acreage to sell in a small town.... Anyone interested in farmhouse on 4.5 acres, let me know!
    I wanna ride!