Thread: 2019 Frozen Fat Fondo Fest !!! Saturday Feb. 2

Default 2019 Frozen Fat Fondo Fest !!! Saturday Feb. 2

The 5th Annual Festival with a start time is coming up again!

The FORC Frozen Fat Fondo Fest! The FFFFondo will have registration open soon!! Only $20 pre-registration, $25 day of the event for 3 hours of fun. You KNOW there'll be bacon at the crotch, and don't miss the pink panty pass- Juicey's hole, the mounds and more!!

3 hour solo or 3 person teams, mens or womens. 3.8 size tires or larger.

Last years raffle saw more than $3,000 worth of goodies given away. Beer showed up from Great River Brewing, Front Street Brewery and Geneseo Brewing- plus the beer potluck was overflowing!!

Rain, Shine, Snow or Slime- this event is a go, no rain dates needed!

All that for $20? That's a deal right there.

Hey- lets keep those Fondo related comments, questions, and updates flowing right here in this thread so they're easy for phatties to find. We will need a few volunteers on the day of the event for road marshals, score keeper, and course work. Please post on this thread if you are interested in volunteering. More details on the way!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Hey FORC'ers- We'd like someone to take on the FONDO shenanigans this year. We have great people who have taken on scoring and the Crotch Party- if we could get one of you fun loving peeps to take control of this it would be AWESOME. All you need to do is get with Juicy Joe and I and we'll chat about what shenanigans you want to put on and help you figure out how to put it together. If we could figure out how to do something like the biggest "over the log " contest- that would be sweet as hell. Past shenanigans have included track stand in the mud/snow competition, longest jump, highest jump, bunny hop, longest wheelie through the crappiest terrain, longest skid in 10" of snow, etc. (Shortest skid in 10" of snow champion- Ryan Canady!!!- He didn't make it to the start line!! Beer may have been a factor) Probably looking for 3-5 events that can be set up easily and cause harmless carnage.

If interested, shoot me a text at 3 oh nien, seven tree seven, fo 7 six too. - Ray

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

FONDO call for Volunteers- we need 2!

We have 2 road crossings that we need someone to attend from 1:00 to 2:00 during the race. These are mostly directing traffic for an hour so cars don't hit riders. Crossings are well marked with pylons and yellow tape, so drivers can plainly see there is something going on- yellow vests will be available.

Currently we have:

Crossing by Lodge:
    11:00 to 12:00 one of the Browns
    12:00 to 1:00 Poppa Clutch
    1:00 to 2:00 Addrich

Crossing by the Crotch:
    11:00 to 12:00- Other Brown
    12:00 to 1:00- Mike Riley
    1:00 to 2:00- ???

If you're not riding but plan to spend the day with us- we'd sure appreciate it if you'd help us out!

Ray - 3 oh nien, seven tree seven, fo 7 six too

After today the temp will not be above freezing until after race day- Can you believe it? we're gonna have SNOW and cold for the FONDO!! Register early, Peeps- it helps make our registration SO MUCH EASIER!! THANKS!!
    Last edited by Vibrato; 01-23-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I can take one of the road crossings. The son is riding so I will be around if needed for more.

Add

One more volunteer? Anyone?

Thanks, Add- Lets have you cover the crossing up by the lodge- this way when we cut off the end of the race you'll be done within about 30 seconds and can probably be there when your son finishes.

-Ray.

FONDO Planning Party!! All Fondo volunteers are invited to our house- 2506 E 46th Street Davenport at 6:00 pm Friday January 25th. NOT MANDATORY- We're gonna run through everything we've got going on and make sure we're not forgetting anything. If you have ideas for snow packing/grooming beyond a snowmobile- let us know. Too much snow... pffffft. Whooda ever thunk it!!!???

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Fondo Update: We are currently grooming the race course. PLEASE keep tires off the trail until Saturday morning! Warmer temps today will cause rutting. Cold temps tonite will set the track!
    See everyone For the Fondo it’s gonna be a great day! ��

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

I want to thank EVERYONE who came out to the 4xF on Sat. We had a lot of out-of-towners that came out for the race! Thank you to our Volunteers who helped make this happen and especially Ray Nees and Joe Porter and their trail crew who fought Mother Nature's snow, Polar Vortex and rising river to get the trail ready for the race!
    Here is a recap of our winners:
    Men's Solo:
    1st - Nick Templeton
    2nd - Sean Hayak
    3rd - Mitchell Pilon

Women's Solo
    1st - Mary McInnis
    2nd - Ann Kingsbury
    3rd - Kelley Porter

Team
    1st - The 3 Muscatiners - William Harper, Phil Sargent, Dustin Chambliss
    2nd - TacoCat - Lee Bower, Karl Dimmer, Jacob Spath