Thread: trail maintenance

Default trail maintenance

going to plan on going out in the morning to hit some of the overgrown grassy areas with the weed wacker. about 9 ish. if yer interested in helpin, post up. there's an area in farmdale loop just out of sugar bottom? i think that the corduroy need a little tlc. surely after yesterdays rains it is plenty muddy and will remain that way for a bit.

anybody have some pvc pipe to lend to the cause? at least 10' of 4" or biggger and i'll make the whole problem just go away......... and then theres whoop d pt 2 that needs a little repair also. need pipe for that also. 4" or bigger to fix this properly.

then we head off to the second creek crossing on LT. what is the fix here? i am going to be pulling out some limestone "bricks" for lack of better terms that were used for landscaping that could be used as armor plating? those that have tried to fix without much lasting success, chime in here. we need a solution, without going to some kind of bridge. lets try and keep it a wet crossing.

soooo.......... if you have any ideas or wanna help, post up. i'll take all the help i can get. yes, i know it is a weekday and all but not EVERYONE in the club has a job at the moment or works later in the day......

COMEON, FULFILL YER TRAIL DUTIES. DO YOUR PART, join me.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

9am on a Monday morning = Mielke eye-balls deep in paperwork....so no help here....

2nd creek crossing on LT will continue to need TLC until we either install a bridge or reroute the trail...to-be-continued....

a HUGE THANKS for heading up this trail maintenance dru_b!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Very cool that you can work on this stuff Dru_b, I've got access to a few 4or 5 foot long pieces of 10 inch pvc pipe, but I won't be able to get it until later this week.

Looks like we might actually have a week of dry weather and I think this will help more than anything.

Double thanks for the weedeating efforts, with all the rain the weeds are taking over this year!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Rode their yesterday and there are 3 trees down blocking the trail. I spoke with Scott about this yesterday at the meeting, but if someone has a chainsaw I can borrow I dont mind heading out there after work today get them out of the way.