Went to my LBS looking for a 29x2.6 Butcher. They didn't have one... in the package, but one of the mechanics had JUST PUT 2 on his Santa Cruz. He said he could have one by late next week cause it had to come from Cali. WHEN I SAID I'M GOING TO Bentonville Thursday and was hoping to have it by Tuesday- he said he wasn't gonna have a chance to big hit till then so HE TOOK ONE OFF OF HIS BIKE AND SOLD IT TO ME- AND WILL PUT THE NEW ONE HIS WHEN IT COMES IN!!!

This is not an isolated incident- we've all had a local shop step up and go above and beyond.

Our bike shops always give us GREAT swag for our events, where we make money to build more trails, so people will buy new bikes and parts from breakage. It truly is a symbiotic relationship.

If you're new to FORC- start with the bike shop closest to your house. If you get a good vibe and feel welcome- develop a relationship with them. If its not exactly what you're looking for hit the next closest. The bottom line is you cannot get this kind of service from somebody selling stuff on ebay.

FORC gets a ton of credit for developing the MTB community in the QC, but without the QC LBS's, we wouldn't have the scene we do today. Now get your butt to the bike shop and buy something you need. Trails are gonna be wide open soon!!