Thread: Bees at Sunderbruch?

Default Bees at Sunderbruch?

Has anyone gotten stung recently at SBP?

Yesterday I saw a guy hauling ass into the parking lot. He got stung in the mouth presumably near the end of the ride. Tonight Cam got stung on his arm about 30 yards before the entrance to Kettle (riding counter clockwise). I got some ice from a group of runners who said they had two in their group get stung today. That's 4 people in two days. I've never known anyone to get stung out there before. It makes me wonder if there is a common area and perhaps a large nest near the trail.

Anyone else had issues with bees recently or is it just people around me?

BTW, Cam said "I wish he (the bee) didn't die and he could talk so he could come back and say he was sorry."
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    Vice President

'Tis the season... A few years ago there was a nest of wasps in the concrete dino egg by the pavement on the hill, several people stung up there before we exterminated the buggers.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I rode SBP last Wed. and am pretty sure I got stung on the leg while riding Kickapoo Down... Didn't think anything about it at the time and didn't notice what it was that stung me.
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

Thats not normal for bees to just sting people running or riding through an area unless passing way to close to a hive. Ive been close enough to hives in the past to sed them clearly without bees bothering me. Wonder if the hive is above the trail intersections somewhere. Or the warm weather has allowed "killer" bees from the south to make a home up here. Those things go after anything that moves or breathes.

Wasps are assholes with wings. Been stung at least once a year in my own damn yard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

been stung in the mouth twice this summer. both in the same week.

I got stung twice in the ear right before the entrance (traveling counterclockwise) to Watermelon pass a few weeks ago.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Stephen's Park

I just got stung by a bee at Stephens park. What's with the bees?

Got attacked by wasp/hornet/some flying jerk with a stinger yesterday on Jubilee just after the wooden berms. This is a first for me.