Thread: FORN'n Duro 2017

Default FORN'n Duro 2017

I'm planning for the 2017 edition of FORC'n Duro on Sept 30th. Not sure how much interest there be in it this year, but if we get at least 10, we'll have it. Might need a volunteer or 2 for sag wagon, but we can always go unsupported.

Let me know what you think about the proposed date. And let me know if you're interested in participating.

Thanks,
    Karl

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'm interested but already have plans for the 30th; don't change the date just for me though. I can help with the website info stuff, route maps, and reserving the shelter at Illiniwek (if that's the planned end point this year).
    ⚒ Trails don't build themselves. ⚒

9/23 would work too, I was just trying to give a little space between Taming the Slough.

I appreciate the help, I'll contact you when plans firm up. I plan to keep it identical to last year, but probably extent it to Dorrance and maybe back to Illinwek for the campgrounds. Maybe make a Century option if we're close.

Thanks for volunteering. The 23rd would be best. I haven't spoken to Ray but he would be interested as well.

I am also interested! As far as I know either day would work fine for me.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

23rd would be fine. Dim- I can get you the design for last years stickers or help with this years design- your call once we know number of parks and miles.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'm getting more riders and volunteers interested in the 30th, will that work for most of you?

Please email me the design at karldimmer@gmail.com.

Any chance that Silvin bridge will be open by then? Will another section of Dorrance be open?

Who sets up the FB event? Thanks for the help.

Board Position

We'll have part of the Dorrance blue loop open by maybe next week? I'll post an announcement when it happens. I can do the Facebook event at the same time the website stuff gets updated.

Board Position
    Vice President

23rd works better for me

Berminator - how long does that make the trail at Dorrance? Im thinking we'll do the same 85 mile route as last year, but add in a round trip to Dorrance to end at Illinwek campgrounds. Depending on the new total length there, it will make it a full century ride. Might have to do Dorrance both ways

Board Position

Current loop is 1.6 mi and the new section will be 0.5 mi but it can't yet be incorporated into a continuous loop. It's 6.4 miles from Illiniwek to Dorrance via bikepath so two laps at Dorrance would be needed to break 100 miles.

I don't know how much overlap there is between runners and mtbers but the quad city marathon is the 24th.

I'm down for the 23rd!!

Default 2017 FORC'n Duro

Some info about this Saturday's ride:

• Must be a FORC member. Signup or renew here: http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?120

• This is a group ride, not a race. It will be semi-supported.
    o The main group will attempt to keep with the schedule posted on the website. http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?233-FORC-n-Duro
    o Faster rides can ride ahead, but they will not have any SAG support
    o Slower riders may be left behind the main group if needed. We’re trying to complete before 7pm when it gets dark
    o SAG will have snacks and drinks at stops designed on the schedule. This will be at each trail system and one stop between SCP and Vans

• Lunch will be at Vans in Davenport. We should arrive there around 11:15. Bring cash to pay for your food and beverage.

• You must complete the entire ride to earn the coveted 2017 FORC’n Duro FINSIHER sticker. This includes all black diamonds, like Area 51 and L.T. It’s fine to hike-a-bike whatever sections you want. All of this is for fun and based on the honor system, so just have a good time and don’t get over your head. Early finishers can wait until the main group finishes to get their sticker, or we’ll get it to you later.

• Some trails will have signage for the route, but don’t depend on it. If you’re not familiar with the 6 trails systems, please review the trail maps before. Most of the systems are done counter clockwise with extra loops to the right. So, you’ll pretty much always take the right at a fork.

• We’re planning to have brats grilled at the end in Illiniwek Campground. We’ll supply the meat. Please bring a side and beverage of your choice

• Cars can be left overnight at WBP and the Illiniwek campgrounds on Friday or Saturday night. More info to come on where to park

• Check out the Facebook event and the FORC page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1275...tive_tab=about
    http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?233-FORC-n-Duro

so can we still sign up for this or is this a sign up the day of the ride and is there a cost other than the membership?

No cost, just the FORCmembership. We'll have membership sign up stuff the morning of the ride, but it would be best to sign up before to save on time.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Hope to see you Saturday morning.

I am already a member so we just show up and go? Thanks kyle

Kyle - That's right. Be at Westbrook at 6:30. We'll have a quick talk with everyone at 6:45 and hit the trails at 7. Checkout the Facebook event page for any updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/1275...tive_tab=about

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

FORC'n DURO-The Results....It was a long day that started just as the sun began to rise and a chilly 42 degree temp. 36 riders started and 18 finished some at dusk and the rest under the stars.
    Thank you to Karl Dimmer for organizing the event this year and a bigger Thank You to Andrea Polanco who did an awesome job driving the Sag truck and keeping the riders well fed and hydrated!
    Here are the receivers of the conveted "2017 Finisher" sticker in no particular order (apologies for misspellings).
    Karl Dimmer -mission completed this year
    Nicole Zipay
    Elizabeth Kuehl
    Kyle Kuehl
    Ryan Wilkens
    Joe Porter
    Ray Ness
    Indiana Schultz
    Logan Kates
    Mike Riley
    Robert Lamb
    Rick Rohert
    Tsukanga Ogihara
    Jacob Spath
    Lee Bower
    Chad Lillibridge
    Kera Linn
    Tyler Cowherd
    Kyle Erdmann

Cheers to all that came out and joined in on the ride through out the day. High five to those who rode all 34 miles of the 6 trails!

***Stay tuned for Duro 2018...with the return of Sylvan Island its gonna be 100+
    Last edited by DH001; 10-11-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Oops, missed someone.

Big thanks to Karl, Andrea and Mandy for all the organization and support. Awesome event!

Are there any photos of the 2017 Forc n Duro?

Thanks,

Not too many. The person who usually takes all the great pics couldn't make it this year. There are a few on the Facebook Event. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/127532044548206/?ti=cl