Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FORN'n Duro 2017

Default FORN'n Duro 2017

I'm planning for the 2017 edition of FORC'n Duro on Sept 30th. Not sure how much interest there be in it this year, but if we get at least 10, we'll have it. Might need a volunteer or 2 for sag wagon, but we can always go unsupported.

Let me know what you think about the proposed date. And let me know if you're interested in participating.

Thanks,
    Karl

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'm interested but already have plans for the 30th; don't change the date just for me though. I can help with the website info stuff, route maps, and reserving the shelter at Illiniwek (if that's the planned end point this year).
    Trails don't build themselves.

9/23 would work too, I was just trying to give a little space between Taming the Slough.

I appreciate the help, I'll contact you when plans firm up. I plan to keep it identical to last year, but probably extent it to Dorrance and maybe back to Illinwek for the campgrounds. Maybe make a Century option if we're close.

Thanks for volunteering. The 23rd would be best. I haven't spoken to Ray but he would be interested as well.

I am also interested! As far as I know either day would work fine for me.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.
    Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

23rd would be fine. Dim- I can get you the design for last years stickers or help with this years design- your call once we know number of parks and miles.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I'm getting more riders and volunteers interested in the 30th, will that work for most of you?

Please email me the design at karldimmer@gmail.com.

Any chance that Silvin bridge will be open by then? Will another section of Dorrance be open?

Who sets up the FB event? Thanks for the help.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

We'll have part of the Dorrance blue loop open by maybe next week? I'll post an announcement when it happens. I can do the Facebook event at the same time the website stuff gets updated.
    Trails don't build themselves.

23rd works better for me

Berminator - how long does that make the trail at Dorrance? Im thinking we'll do the same 85 mile route as last year, but add in a round trip to Dorrance to end at Illinwek campgrounds. Depending on the new total length there, it will make it a full century ride. Might have to do Dorrance both ways