Thread: XXForcfest Update!

Default XXForcfest Update!

XXForcfest Update!
    Czar B here with important XXForcfest info:
    Just 1 week left to pre-register for the party of the Summer.
    $20 gets you in on the fun, food, entertainment & drink. Add $5 and secure your 20th Anniversary FORC T-shirt.
    Registration will be $25 on-site with no T-shirt for you.
    So click on the Fest Banner or go to Evenbrite to reserve your spot in history!
    XXForcfest, because we won't turn 20 again. #qcforc, #xxforcfest

XXForcfest Update!
    I know you're thinking, Czar B, in your earlier post, you mentioned Fun, what's up with that.
    10 miles of singletrack just outside your tent; 20+ more within 10 miles; night rides on both nights, the return of the Not Lame Games; and hundreds of like minded Knobbies to hang with. If that's not Fun you're doing it wrong.

XXForcfest Update:
    Earlier you also mentioned Food? Yep, Food Trucks will be on site Friday evening and Saturday. The Lion's Club will be serving up breakfast on Saturday for a minimal donation. We will be firing up a huge grill for a community cook out Saturday night (BYOFood). And Sunday morning we will feed you Breakfast Pizza. Bring your appetite!

XXForcfest Update!
    Entertain me! OK we will. Besides the usual shenanigans we will be premiering, on Friday night, “20 years of FORC”. A slide/video presentation highlighting FORC's growth through the years. Riding Building, Racing, Teaching, and just goofing around. It's all there. Saturday night we have a band, Frankie Joe & the Kinfolk will be playing bluesy folk to accompany the cook out and beer pot luck. Combine that with the antics of a FORC outing and you're all set.
    XXForcfest, because we won't turn 20 again. #qcforc, #xxforcfest]

XXForcfest Update!
    Last chance to pre-register (with a $5 T-shirt) for the party of the Summer. Cheap registration ends today!
    $20 gets you in on the fun, food & drink. Add $5 and secure your 20th Anniversary FORC T-shirt.
    Registration will be $25 on-site with no T-shirt for you.

FORC-Logo-20yr-V1.jpg
    Last edited by dirtboy; 07-26-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Knew it ended 7/26, but never saw ends 7/26 at 9pm until I clicked on register at 9:30pm. There is always someone waylaid by the fine print. Or maybe it was right on the home page and I missed it. No t-shirts for Christmas this year!

Quote Originally Posted by addrich View Post
    Knew it ended 7/26, but never saw ends 7/26 at 9pm until I clicked on register at 9:30pm. There is always someone waylaid by the fine print. Or maybe it was right on the home page and I missed it. No t-shirts for Christmas this year!
    Bummer, sorry about that. There will be a few extra shirts at the merchandise booth at the Fest.

XXForcfest Update!
    Drink, did someone say drink? We might have mentioned it. Several Happy Hours will occur during the festivities with craft beer from local breweries. Saturday, at the cook out, the Baby Pool Beer Pot Luck (a FORC tradition) will be set up. Please bring some of your favorite brew (extra points if it's craft beer from your locale) to share.

With all this talk about shirts, don't give mine away. I am pre-registered but have a class to attend all week and won't be back in town until late Friday night. I'll be there Saturday to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbkrman View Post
    With all this talk about shirts, don't give mine away. I am pre-registered but have a class to attend all week and won't be back in town until late Friday night. I'll be there Saturday to join in.
    Saw your name on the list. You're good to go. See ya Saturday.

XXForcfest Update!
    One of the events we have scheduled, during the Fest, is the Founders/Presidents Ride. On behalf of myself and all FORCers we would like to cordially invite all past FORC Presidents, as well as, all the folks who were around at the start of this thing called FORC to join us at Scott County Park Saturday 8/5 @ 11:00am for a trip around the park and back through time, as we relive (and embellish) all the great times FORC and bikes have brought us. Everyone should join in to honor and thank the folks that started it all. Friends of Off Road Cycling isn't a place, it's a frame of mind.

I'm pretty frickin' stoked for this weekend! Weather looks perfect and a weekend like this is long overdue for the club.

I'm definitely packing my drinking shoes.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Sched of events is posted and here's a link http://www.qcforc.org/events/forc-fe...t-Schedule.pdf
    CAMPING is at Sac Fox. Please fill campsites 205,206,207,208 1st. Each site allows up to 5 units. Procedure is to set up your tent first and then go to the office to register. Ready Beer GO!
    Last edited by MissMandy; 08-02-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Don't forget to bring something for the Beer Potluck!
    Beer Fester -a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    XXForcfest Update!
    One of the events we have scheduled, during the Fest, is the Founders/Presidents Ride. On behalf of myself and all FORCers we would like to cordially invite all past FORC Presidents, as well as, all the folks who were around at the start of this thing called FORC to join us at Scott County Park Saturday 8/5 @ 11:00am for a trip around the park and back through time, as we relive (and embellish) all the great times FORC and bikes have brought us. Everyone should join in to honor and thank the folks that started it all. Friends of Off Road Cycling isn't a place, it's a frame of mind.
    Please join the Tribe for this! As Brother Bob said:
    "If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from,"