Thread: Footwear

Default Footwear

Hey MTB Racers, Riders, What's the best footwear for riding our single tracks with rocks, hills, and trees all around? Clips? Boots? Shoes? Sandals?
    What pedals are you using? Thank you for helping.

Board Position
    Vice President

what do You want to use Your bike for? What do you wear right now? What are you looking to change? what kinda ride do you have? racing? riding for fun? touring?

Summer time not boots. Not old school toe clips. Probably some out there that use them but they are dangerous compared to any other option

Clipless is one option but not necessary.

Large portion of use are studded flat pedals and some form of skater shoes or trail running shoes. Some go all the way to 5 10 mtb specific skater style shoes. I have trail runners for cooler weather then vans canvas skater shoes for warm weather.

Boots are for cold weather winter time type riding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Read some of the research in clipping in, read the "Flat pedal manifesto". Then ride the type of pedals that makes sense to you.

Many in the Qc who used to clip in have gone back to flats. I rode in vans for a couple years and then picked up a cheap pair of 5/10 dirtbags. Major improvement- Really stiff soles, sticky on the pedals and 1st ride in'em was the Shiddy Fiddy- 9 laps at Sunder. Finished with no blisters.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Read more about SR9009 here and some of the research in clipping in, read the "Flat pedal manifesto". Then ride the type of pedals that makes sense to you.

Many in the Qc who used to clip in have gone back to flats. I rode in vans for a couple years and then picked up a cheap pair of 5/10 dirtbags. Major improvement- Really stiff soles, sticky on the pedals and 1st ride in'em was the Shiddy Fiddy- 9 laps at Sunder. Finished with no blisters.
    I feel like this is kind of individual too. You gotta try a couple of things and see what works for you. Of course, some options are objectively better than others, but not as much as you'd think. At least that's what my experiences were.
    Last edited by Ronquillo; 10-20-2022 at 01:13 PM.