Thread: Modified Forc-N-Duro June Saturday 17th: Meeting 7:30am SHARP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Modified Forc-N-Duro June Saturday 17th: Meeting 7:30am SHARP

ROAD RIDE CANCELED FOR THIS INSTEAD!!!

Hey FORC'ers!

I plan to do a ~6 hour ride this Saturday, and Ray suggested a modified Forc-N-Duro route which sounds awesome! This will be just Dewitt, Scott county, and Sunder. About 3.5 hours on road, and what it takes to do each park.

DETAILS:
    Meeting Place: Parking lot of Freight House
    Time: 7:30am sharp, shuttle to Dewitt
    Route: Modifed Forc-N-Duro — Dewitt -> Scott -> Sunder -> end at Freight House: Route Between Parks
    Shuttle: Ray can fit maybe one more person... anyone else want to set up a shuttle service?

If you like to join, that would be awesome! I do have some guidelines though:
    -This is a NO stop ride (okay, maybe a quick gas station stop here and there, but that's it)
    -Just so there is no confusion from last post, MOUNTAIN BIKE is the mode of transportation here.
    -Bring enough water for 2-3 hours and some fuel (~150 calories per hour)

If you are at all worried about me being too "racer" boy for ya, be assured that I save racing for the race course; in other words I'm not a d-bag that says "group" ride just to turn it into a race (Colorado is full of these people). Plus, I'm still limping from two previous races and the flu that 'f'ed up my world last week, so no one is out breaking world records here. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll do an extra loop at parks. We'll easy roll the roads. Hold my wheel and you can draft between parks; come on, you know you want to ride with Gunch ;)

The ride will end with beers and lunch at Freight House around 2pm if you like to join for that instead.

-Gunchie
    Last edited by Gunchie; 06-15-2017 at 01:07 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Also- Some knobby's are going to ride the parks and drive between. I can't miss out on all this Gunchie Goodness.
    Last edited by Vibrato; 06-15-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Rained pretty good. Not sure if it hit DeWitt and Scott County Park, so......

Would anyone be interested in doing this over 4th of July? Either Saturday, Sunday or Tuesday would work for me.