Thread: Trees down

Default Trees down

So I went snowshoeing in the ravine behind my house only to go too far and stumbled upon a trail, wow I hit Dorrance park. Sure made for easy snow hike. Anyway just a heads up but just south of the big bridge landings directly over two previously cut trees that crossed the trail, there is a giant and i mean giant tree down crossing the trail. Don't know if you've seen this 2.5 foot diameter tree that parallels the bridge site crossing the ravine but I think I read you are planning to come in with those beams from the south. There are two more smaller trees on the eastern side of loop north of the bridge site, and south of the middle connector.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks for the recon, walked the trail last week when flagging the next loop and think I saw some of those. We're planning on taking them out when our "big saw guy" gets his 24" chainsaw reassembled which should be soon. I know of at least 4 trees that need clearing and two of those are, like you said, massive. For the beams, current plan is to come in from the access road on the north ridgeline that parallels Agnes St./94th Ave.