Thread: Road Trip for Out-of-Towner

Default Road Trip for Out-of-Towner

From the St. Louis area and looking to take a road trip up to Quad Cities and possibly Peoria as well. I am unfamiliar with the area as I have generally gone down into Arkansas or Indiana for our out of town trips. The plan is to leave 11/10/16 and return 11/13/16 late afternoon. It would be great to find a good place to camp for the weekend -- electric is not necessary. It's okay if we have to drive a bit from base camp. Would like to hit some trails with good mileage. 20 miles at the least would be ideal (but not required) and of course the more the better... that is unless there are trails that are just uber technical awesomeness that takes all day.

Any help would be appreciated!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Scott County Park is probably the best bet for camping. It also is home to the QC's longest MTB trail system at ~12 miles and is about a 30 minute drive (or less) from most of the other trail systems. Local trail information (maps, hours, etc) is available here: QC MTB Trails Overview If you decide to come up and want a local to ride with be sure to post up in the Let's Ride forum.

Plans slightly changed as we will now be staying in Peoria at Wildlife Prairie Park but, on Saturday we are going to day trip on out to Scott County Park. I also hope if we have time on the way back that we get to hit Sunderbruch Park. That place looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    If you decide to come up and want a local to ride with be sure to post up in the Let's Ride forum.
    Not sure what time we are going to make it up that Saturday, but I surmise it will be before 10:00. Plus I can't post in that forum you linked to until I have 5 posts on the forums.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Bumped your post count so you can post in the Let's Ride forum now. There is also a club group ride happening at Westbrook (Just north of Scott County Park) on Sunday at 1pm. Feel free to stop by for that if you are still around.