Thread: Another New Member

Default Another New Member

Greetings Everyone, newbie here. Thought I'd post a quick note to introduce myself.

I'm a road biker looking to add off road into my cycling routine. Been a roadie for years and have decided that XC riding would add to my conditioning, improve my riding skills/technique, and overall enjoyment of the cycling lifestyle. Well, at least that was the rationale I used when I bought the bike.

I want to be sure to get off on the right foot (pedal?) though so I'm wondering if there's an MTB 101 session scheduled anytime soon? Or, if you have novice level group rides to help us newbs learn: 1) basic techniques, 2) respect for the trail and other riders, etc. The last thing I want to do is make a debut on one of the trails and mess things up for myself and other riders.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Welcome to FORC!! We currently don't have any MTB 101 sessions scheduled, although you can watch for posts and sign up to receive notifications in the "Let's Ride" forum. These rides are hosted by a FORC member and we welcome all riders. You may also want to attend a monthly membership meeting. These take place the first Monday of every month at The Starting Line in Davenport at 6:30 pm. This is a good place to get to know some of the members and ask any questions you may have. Our next meeting is Monday, November 7th - hope to see you there!

Welcome to FORC!

Also watch here and our Facebook page for people just going out to ride. Everyone here is very happy to help you get going in the sport. This club is why I got addicted to it. Best bunch of riders you'll ever meet.

That said weather is looking good this weekend so expect a lot of ppl to be going out to ride. I'll be one of them and I'd be happy to show you around. I'm not that fast and probably be out on my fat bike, be happy to show you around and help you with some basics.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the suggestions.

T99 - Thanks for the offer. I'll attempt to PM you.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Definitely catch one of the weekly (usually) group rides if you can. Lots of knowledgeable riders will be on hand to show you the ropes. Look for announcements about these on Facebook, the FORC homepage, and in the Let's Ride forum (click here to subscribe to the Let's Ride Forum to receive email notifications about ride posts).