Thread: Race Prep Trail Work Friday 7/8/2016 5 PM

Default Race Prep Trail Work Friday 7/8/2016 5 PM

We need some peeps to come lend a hand to get the trails in prime condition for the race this Sunday. We need to get the weed eaters out to get the corridor widened back out. Since we did the entire trail system just a few weeks ago, it'll just need a touch-up so it shouldn't take too long if we get enough help. Face slappers need to be cut back and do any maintenance needed after the monsoon that we received last night. Also, we need to get the kids loop cut back ready for the groms. All help will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Tourist

I'm planning on heading out right after work (3:30) and walking a full lap with loppers to get that out of the way. Hopefully I'll be able to report back on any spots that need special attention.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

My son (12) and I are available. We have a chainsaw and loppers. We do not have a gas powered weed wacker.

We will hopefully have several club trimmers there for whoever (I believe you have to be a club member in good standing due to insurance reasons) to use. So this is a call to anyone that has club trimmers to bring them to SBP on Friday or get them to someone that is coming out so they can be used. We'll have a chainsaw or two there so I don't think we'll need any more, but bring the loppers. Post up if you have a club trimmer and you won't make it, so we can arrange to get them there.
    Tourist

How late will you guys be working? I can try to make it out after I get off work at 7:00.
    Can you ramp it?

The Browns have volunteered to bring a walk behind trimmer and handheld trimmer to tackle the kids trail tonight - thanks! So with everyone else we can focus on the upper trails and get it knocked out hopefully quickly to give us some extra refreshment time.

Bobby, hard to say if we'll still be working at 7. Give me a call before you head down and I'll update you on our progress.
    Tourist