Thread: 2016 Thrill Ride (July 10) Call for Volunteers

Default 2016 Thrill Ride (July 10) Call for Volunteers

Calling all FORCers!! We need help! The race is a week from Sunday and as in the past we need a bunch of you fine folks to step up and lend a hand. We will need set up and tear down help, registration and merchandise sales help, and most important ( for me anyway) Course Marshals! If you would stand in the woods during a race or two and make sure everyone stays safe, I would appreciate it. You get to act important while wearing a stylin' yellow vest, and carrying a radio. Please respond on this thread if you can help. If you are racing let me know what cat. If you have a preference for which race(s) you can help with, let me know. A bunch of folks giving a little time can make it a great day for the volunteers as well as the racers, so step up and represent. Thanks
    DB

I can stand in the woods and act important for a couple hours.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'll be around to help with setup/teardown.

STILL Calling all FORCers!! We STILL need help! The race is Sunday and as in the past we need a bunch of you fine folks to step up and lend a hand. We will need registration and merchandise sales help, and most important ( for me anyway) Course Marshals! If you would stand in the woods during a race or two and make sure everyone stays safe, I would appreciate it. You get to act important while wearing a stylin' yellow vest, and carrying a radio. If you haven't already, please respond on this thread if you can help. If you are racing let me know what cat. If you have a preference for which race(s) you can help with, let me know. A bunch of folks giving a little time can make it a great day for the volunteers as well as the racers, so step up and represent. Thanks
    DB

I'll be there Saturday afternoon/ evening, Sunday morning and all day during the races to course marshal novice and sport class, as well as drink beer and tear down.

Is there a plan to camp out at SBP Saturday night? I'm going to if so!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I will be around all day. I signed up for marshaling at the meeting for novice/juniors and will be able to help setup and tear down and anything in between except for when I'm attempting to ride the comp class. I will have the recycle bins with me as well.
    Tourist

I can marshal - let me know when - I'm not racing, so anytime - just let me know
    Last edited by BD83; 07-07-2016 at 05:00 PM.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I am racing novice and the son is racing juniors. We are available outside of that.

I posted on the Facebook page but realize I didn't post here. I am available to marshal the Novice and Sport races.
    I wanna ride!

Hey Course Marshals! Thanks to everyone that said they would help keep the course safe. Below is a list of who needs to show up when to keep the well oiled machine rolling. Anyone who didn't sign up but decided they could lend a hand, stop by the volunteer/first aid tent any time and we will give you an assignment. See you Sunday morning!

Show up at the Volunteer/first aid tent at:
    8:15 – 8:30am
    JB, Gunchie, Bexter, Julie C, Neips, Nees, Kristen, Raoul, Juicy

10:00 – 10:15am
    Ben D, Shane, Carol B, Add B, Alan H, Jacob S, Tina G,

We will give you a radio, snazzy vest and a spot to rule over. Most folks will only need to marshal for 2 races and then you can get back to the festivities. Thanks again for helping.

Nice work Dave & Carol! Peace!

I appreciate the incentive given to this 46 yr. old dad on a 20 yr. old bike to run sub 20 minute laps in the novice race. Challenge accepted! Add B.

I'll be there with a goodie bag of KIND product for all volunteers! Who's bringing coffee?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Board Position

What time are we starting course setup Saturday afternoon?

Board Position

Looks like we are starting setup at 5pm today.

Race Lost & Found:
    Found a few leftovers after the race. Let me know if they are yours, and I will ransom them back to you.
    Giro Rift helmet w/goat sticker...yes goat sticker
    Olaf sunglasses w/mud...yes mud
    Little silver led flashlight w/... nothing