Thread: Geneseo Brewing Co/Geneseo Prairie Trails Tapping Party

Default Geneseo Brewing Co/Geneseo Prairie Trails Tapping Party

I don't know if there is any other official thread started for this....if so, mods please delete this one. But I've been talking with Scott from GBC about the tapping party to benefit the new trails in Geneseo. Looks like they are going to have everything go down on Sunday April 24th starting at 1:00PM at the brewery. $1 of every pint sold will be donated to FORC to benefit the new Geneseo Prairie Trails.

To anyone interested on riding out to the brewery, we are going to be meeting up at the Hennepin Canal Trail in Colona, IL. It should be around a 30 mile round trip ride. We are meeting at the trail head at 11:00 (for pre-ride beer drinking...duh). The ride will be leaving at 11:30 SHARP!!!

More info on the ride out to the brewery, we made a facebook event page. Link to that -----> https://www.facebook.com/events/1238783856151551/
    Can you ramp it?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Indeed, we are having a tapping event for the Prarie Park Pilsner. Rumor has it this is a tasty brew. Bring your friends. Bring your neighbors. Bring an extra liver...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

I'm in unless icky weather then I'll drive.... fair weather rider these days.
    I wanna ride!

I'm in if I can get the bike back together in time ball bearings went all over the place. Should have watched a few videos first. Heck, I now know a lot more about how a bicycle works. Win win.

Let me expand some, just because I woke up laughing at what I did last night "Getting the bike ready for nice weather this weekend"...

Hung it up on the garage and was going to clean up the drive chain. That led to removing the rear wheel. Then to the bench, and then the fun began. I evaluated the cassette on the wheel and figured if I remove these two nuts, the cassette will slide right off that shaft. Well, I was wrong - very wrong. Come to find out, companies make a handy little machined tool to fit those splines and take out the locking ring so one doesn't have to even play the "where are all the ball bearings now" game. Needless to say, I had the mind-set it's only a bicycle...can't be that difficult to take apart. Low and behold, the wife hit me at 0230 this morning and said, "Hey - you going to sleep any tonight?". Could not stop reading about bicycle maintenance and the numerous types of crank sets, cassettes, chain rings and how they all are built up and numerous was they're affixed to the bicycle. Think I convinced myself to try out the 1X10 too... What the heck, it'll work right! At some point though, is a 2008 Diamondback Response worth rebuilding or should I just buy a new bike?

My head is spinning and I'm stoked to get back riding more!
    Last edited by Slick8; 04-15-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Buying new is better on the wallet if your looking for upgrades. Cause you'll quickly blow past the cost of a new bike doing the upgrade game unless you do it over a year or 2 hunting doing good deals for everything.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Tigris,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am leaning towards that way. Fork is shot, drivetrain needs replaced, and it's just not a bike I'd want to attempt a race with. I've got the necessary tools on order to get it fixed up/put back together and a new rear derailleur to keep in running through this season hopefully. Fill the piggy bank and hope to find a deal this late season on a new bike.

Is anyone riding road bikes for this adventure?

Sounds like a few people will be out on roadies. I'm purposely planning on bringing a bike that goes slow. Trying to average 10-12mph the whole way there and back. Not trying to be a racecar driver out there... trying to enjoy the ride and the company of others!!!
    Can you ramp it?

Quote Originally Posted by skateparkrider View Post
    Sounds like a few people will be out on roadies. I'm purposely planning on bringing a bike that goes slow. Trying to average 10-12mph the whole way there and back. Not trying to be a racecar driver out there... trying to enjoy the ride and the company of others!!!
    Well I'm thinking its a wash for me. Roadie for sure. Got my tools in today. Disassembled the rear cog, cleaned and reassembled. Regressed hub ball bearings while at it. Now, my rear wheel won't hardly free spin. Not sure what's going on??? Skewer isn't an issue, brake is not an issue. Weird��

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Stephen's Park

Anyone hosting a group ride at gpp tomorrow? I'll join in... Maybe noonish...

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Not sure if/when anyone is leading the GPP trail group ride (Schnaufer?), but I'm riding my MTB on the Hennepin Canal Trail ride and then hitting GPP for a lap or two sometime during the afternoon.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

No planned group ride but I'm sure some cats could get away during or after the tapping.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

I sure had an awesome time yesterday on the ride! Nice meeting some people and riding along side others. Looking forward to more outings with the FORC group - awesome folks! Thank you for organizing the ride and making it available to those who enjoy a bicycle.