Thread: FORC Bike Swap-Sun. April 10th 12:00-3:00

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Default FORC Bike Swap-Sun. April 10th 12:00-3:00

Time to Spring Clean and Gear up for Summer! FORC Bike Swap and Outdoor gear sale will be Sunday, April 10th 12:00-3:00pm at the Village Theater...2113 E. 11th St. in the Village of East Davenport. All Bike and Outdoor gear welcome. You are responsible for your own items.
    Setup will be at 11:30.

Would appreciate those planning to sell to post up so we can get idea how many tables to setup.

Questions??? Let me know....Mandy

Will there be any sort of costs to set up a table to sell items?

I am (hopefully) going to be out of town that weekend, so sadly I won't be able to attend. But I will try to spread the word as much as I can in the shop. If you guys end up with a flyer for the event I will hand those out as well.

Thanks!
    Can you ramp it?

Board Position

FREE to Sell FREE to Buy FREE to Swap! I do have flyers. I can email it or drop some off somewhere.

That would be awesome. My email is bobbyridesbikes at gmail. Thanks Mandy!
    Can you ramp it?

Board Position

FORC Bike Swap is just over a week away...Sun April 10th. Time to clean out the shop, garage, basement, closet and make some $$$ on those unused Bike Parts and Outdoor gear! FREE to Sell and FREE to enter. Will be at The Village Theater - 2113 E. 11th St., In the Village of East Davenport. 12noon-3:00pm. Set-up starts at 11:30.

I have a bike or two or three to get rid of but I can't be there. Is there going to be a properly adult supervised table set up?

I have some random parts to unload - I could probably share a table with someone?

Nate

I plan to be there with parts and miscellaneous bike stuff. I'll take a table, please and thank you. I can probably share a table as well if that works better.

Board Position

Swap is this Sun. 12-3pm...Rain or Shine as we will be inside the Village Theatre. We will have FORC merchandise there. Beverages will also be available with proceeds benefiting the Theatre.

I would like to sell some of my biking equipment, especially for a parent with a young child, or children. Please save one table for me. I have a jogging stroller and bike trailer combo. It's a Chariot Cougar 1. The wheels are mounted straight, so for jogging, you have to press down on the handle to lift the front wheel off the ground and execute a 3 point turn. The biking trailer works great. It's housing includes an adjustable suspension system to compensate for the child's weight. The cart has a sun & wind cover, and a harness that slips over the head & snaps at the groin/stomach area of the child. My kids have now gotten to the point where they could ride on their own, but they'd prefer to have Mom & Dad pull them or be in the baby carrier. It's actually not too bad to pull the trailer, it doesn't feel like you've got an additional 40 pounds in your trunk. But still, they can & should ride their own bikes!

For mounting on the parent's bike, you need a removable tire; I think that's called a quick release? It goes on/off easily and I am able to fit the trailer with the quick release wheels removed into my front seat of my car when it's turned upside down. All in all, a great bike trailer for someone who wants to go out biking with their baby.

I paid $350, would like to get approximately that much for it. It's a $1000 item new, and it's basically always been housed in the garage and used sporadically.

Board Position

Swap is TODAY 12-3p. Don't let the rain scare you away as the Swap is inside. Looks like a variety of Bikes, Parts and Outdoor gear will be available.

Board Position

The Bike Swap was a huge success! Thank you to all who helped with set-up and tear down. And a big Thanks to the Village Theater and Dave & Carol Brown for securing the location. It was great to see everyone there supporting FORC and the event!

Board Position
    Vice President

maybe we could do this BI yearly?! since there was so many people. and im sure there were people who came that had to stuff to sell they didn't bring.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks for organizing it Mandy. Doing it again in the fall would be awesome.