Thread: Stomp Sat 28th. Post Thanksgiving purge.

Default Stomp Sat 28th. Post Thanksgiving purge.

Front Street Freight at 10:30

Hopefully it will be a sloppy mess.

Drink.

I'm in. Shuh has something else going on. My neighbor may be in as well. He doesn't rides bikes but knows his way around Credit Island, if you know what I mean. Just kidding, he has a fat bike.

On an semi-related note, I just bought a roll of this mac 'n cheese duck tape for a potential tubeless conversion:

$_35.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you guys ever tried riding a typical 29'er out there? (29x2.3 tires)

Guessing it just doesn't have the tread real estate to not sink and get stuck quickly...

You'd be ok if it is frozen and little to no snow. Definitely not as fun as on a fat bike though, as you can't really get into the sandy/ loose areas that are fun to ride. By the end of the Winter last year there was basically a single track trail out to and around the island, but if it snows or starts to get soft, anything less than 3.8" (Krampus can't do it ) and it gets pretty tough going.

It comes down to how much fun you want to have; fat bikes make it much more awesomer.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Cool. I've got a few more recruited. Be nice to have a small group. Haven't stomped proper in a few years. Pretty stoked.