Thread: I hate you all, lol!

Default I hate you all, lol!

FOR BEING SO RIGHT ABOUT FAT BIKES!!!

Picked up a '11 Mukluk last Friday. Haven't hit the trails yet or done any stompin, but I now that I can commute again (bridge was closed from June till last week) I have to ride it to work. Can't stay off the thing!

Can't wait to try out the stomping grounds!

Cool.

If you plan on doing any stompin', you're not going to want to sell those Nates.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    If you plan on doing any stompin', you're not going to want to sell those Nates.
    I second that...

Im going wider tires is why im selling them.

How wide can you go on that frame? Also, try the bike as it is. Run through a set of tires and if you feel wider will suit you better, make the call then.

OK I STAND CORRECTED!!! Getting tired of admitting IM WRONG and you guys are right hehe (joking, love you guys being right on these things!!!)

First issue was I HATED THE NATES on the test rides. OMG the just felt like i was dragging an anchor. SO put larrys on and rode it till the thursday night. No money for different tires, I was STUCK. I had went to my Trek shop wednesday knowing snow was coming, got some 2.4 tubes to cut the weight down to start. by 230g a tube...decided since 120 tpi is lighter and more supple, put it on the rear this time. Went for a ride 1:30AM Friday night/Sat morning during the storm. Had to try out the snow.

Ok MUCH better. PLayed with tire pressures yesturday in the deep snow in my yard. Got those right now (ffs tire pressure matters more than on my trail bike). Just got back from putting several miles of some pavement to get to the bike path which they leave the snow for snow mobiles. Rode that, then followed snow mobile tracks off across a field towards the river. Got to the road they went to ( I knew where I was no biggy) and turned around cause I didnt want pavement I WANTED SNOW!!! Even this shaved ice powder slick fluffy crap. I wouldnt have made it 5 ft on my trail bike (been there done that, never again), this I never went down once AND WAS NOTHING BUT SMILES!!!! Not to mention feeding my night riding addiction. Came back to path, headed towards home, took a short cut where i "found" a large frozen mud puddle then 8-10" deep about 100ft long section of snow. Just dropped into lower gear which im running 1x10 26t/11-36 and cautiously spun through. The nates slipped here and there if I got over zealous. I rode home, up my hill and all nothing but "OMFG I CANT BELIEVE HOW MUCH FUN I JUST HAD" smile ear to ear.

Gotta get me snow boots though, wool socks, tennis shoes and neoprene bontrager covers just dont cut it when snow gets deep lol.

Oh and got video tonight too. Couldnt help it hehe. Ill share that later.

PS I can go up to about 4.5 rear (forward cross support for chainstays limits diameter), and Bud or equal up front. I am going to get a wider front tire cause I need MORE tire up front in this fluffy slick crap. But Im pulling my FS post cause Im keeping my nates (for now at least till I find something that roles faster but bites just as well)
    Last edited by Tigris99; 11-22-2015 at 11:18 PM.