Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail conditions?

Default Trail conditions?

Anybody been out to see if they're dry yet?
    --Justin

no, but i'm tired of all the rain.

Not after this mornings shower...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

I plan on heading out to SBP for a little walk with my daughter and my dog....will post up with current conditions by this evening

Come up to CR. Trails are awesome In fact, I'm going again tonight after work, then to the Brew Pub
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

I didn't realize it rained this morning...I'll check for your update. Thanks!
    --Justin

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvTechnical View Post
    Come up to CR. Trails are awesome In fact, I'm going again tonight after work, then to the Brew Pub
    Sorry, must have slipped my mind b/c I never get to go riding on Wednesdays, but tonight is "LAMBA Night" at Beverly.

LAMBA Night = Each Wed. LAMBA members gather at Beverly for group rides and sometimes eats and drinks.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

SBP is good to go. I only went straight to the typical wet spots, and everything looked...well...typical. Going to head out there for a ride here in a little bit.

Hallelujah!
    --Justin

Anyone have any idea about the trail conditions? I imagine the trails will be too wet... but thought I'd check. Post up if you know...
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Anyone have any idea about the trail conditions? I imagine the trails will be too wet... but thought I'd check. Post up if you know...
    I'm gonna head out there in about a 1/2 hour, I'll post up what I find.

Talked to SVT. Trails are still too wet to ride. Darn! I guess it's a road ride, then!
    I wanna ride!

Has anyone been out to SBP since yesterday's storm? I want to go hiking (no I didn't accidentally hit "h" instead of "b") this morning with my wife and kid. If they are sloppy, it won't be much fun. If you've been out, please post a trail conditions update. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Has anyone been out to SBP since yesterday's storm? I want to go hiking (no I didn't accidentally hit "h" instead of "b") this morning with my wife and kid. If they are sloppy, it won't be much fun. If you've been out, please post a trail conditions update. Thanks!
    It is definitely not going to be enjoyable.

Trails are fine today. Some trees down but no mud to speak of. Dru is killin' it with weeds! Thanks for your hard work!

cleared the 3 trees that i heard about, if there's more that you come across, post em up, ill get em.

OPEN THE TRAILS........... they are in great shape. beggin to be ridden
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Meant to open the trails earlier, but forgot... As has already been stated, the trails are in GREAT shape.

There are quite a few trees down. One on Rock Cut, one just at the exit of Rock Cut, one on Kettle Morraine, one where Sugar Bottom and Farmdale meet and the huge tree that has been falling on Blue Mound is really...really low. On Farmdale, between the Watermelon and Rock Cut, there is some stuff down that is still passable.

There is a group that is heading out tomorrow around 5:30ish, let's ride!

will try and get to some of those trees tomorrow maybe. not sure. assuming this is a fresh list as of your post steve. also, pm me, i need to get your phone number. the one i got from ray didn't work, but then again neither did my pen.....

i'll take this list and try and head out tomorrow morning. head out

a big thanks to phil (not dr. phil) for the help today with the trees. all trees from this list are removed. i did not walk jubilee and lt to check the rest, post up if you see more and where they are located as best you can, ill get at em.

enjoy

once again....
    THANK YOU DRU_B!!!

The park is open, but the City is putting in a gate at the main entrance. That means the parking lot of closed off to Vehicle traffic.

SBP has taken a beating this year. A crazy amount of rain and people riding the trails when they shouldn't be, we have quite a few spots retaining water or just plain muddy. Please be cautious of these and when possible adhere to IMBA guidelines.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the parking lot is only closed off for tonight while the concrete dries for the posts.
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 07-13-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Just rode this trail for the first time. Great job, FORK folks! :)

Are there any loops in particular that are closed due to the mud? There are definitely a couple loops close to the parking lot that are the worst for muddy spots (don't know all the names offhand).

Looks like these spots need either re-routing, bridging or even just a quick de-berm/shaping session. Most of them seem to be muddy due to lack of proper drainage. Rest of the trail is in perfect shape!

The spots you are referring to have been duly noted on the Kickapoo Loop. The problems we are having this year on this loop can be traced back to riders on the trail when it was too wet, creating ruts, and the drainage water pooling in the ruts. Plans are currently in the works to repair this. Thanks for pointing it out, and hope you enjoyed the trails!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    The spots you are referring to have been duly noted on the Kickapoo Loop. The problems we are having this year on this loop can be traced back to riders on the trail when it was too wet, creating ruts, and the drainage water pooling in the ruts. Plans are currently in the works to repair this. Thanks for pointing it out, and hope you enjoyed the trails!
    Already posted as much in another thread, but if I ever manage to have the timing/scheduling work out I'll gladly have orders barked at me to shovel this or dig at that with a Madock! I know too well the battle to drum up volunteers to help maintain a trail that's already built. Seems like everyone wants to join up when you're cutting new trail or creating some new technical feature but de-berming don't get no love.

haven't had a trail day there for about 3 months? no steward and so far no one to take charge and head up trail work. the races at other parks too presidence? majorly this year..... WOULD LOVE TO SEE A MAJOR TRAIL DAY AT SUNDERBRUCH IN THE NEAR FUTURE. TONS of rebuilding/reclaiming work can be done......