Thread: 2015 Thrill Ride (October 11) call for Volunteers

Default 2015 Thrill Ride (October 11) call for Volunteers

Calling all FORCers!! One More Time!! The Thrill Ride is fast approaching and once again FORC will put on a spectacular event. In order to do this safely and efficiently we need as many Course Marshals, Patrollers and Volunteers to sport the colors and lend a hand. Please post here if you can step up for the last race of the season. It won’t stand in the way of your race (if you are racing). But if you give an hour or two, it will help the other volunteers get out of the woods to enjoy the day as well. If not, they will be standing lonely in the trees, slapping mosquitos while others hang in the venue enjoying the hard work of the dedicated (guilt trip intended). Surely you want to help your fellow FORCers to HFDB.
    Patrollers we will need help in the first aid tent and on the course. Also, if you are not a Patroller but are certified in first aid we could use your help in the tent. Please post up here if you can help. Thanks everybody.
    db

Joe and Kelley Porter can help.

I am volunteering where ever you need me. I can course marshall all day. I am not allowed to race so close to the wedding... Please give me a good spot...

I can be there to help set up/coarse Marshall

Tick Tick Tick. Getting closer to race day, so I'm posting this up again. Thanks to those that volunteered. Now, how about the rest of us? It's a FORC event, gonna be a good time!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Calling all FORCers!! One More Time!! The Thrill Ride is fast approaching and once again FORC will put on a spectacular event. In order to do this safely and efficiently we need as many Course Marshals, Patrollers and Volunteers to sport the colors and lend a hand. Please post here if you can step up for the last race of the season. It won’t stand in the way of your race (if you are racing). But if you give an hour or two, it will help the other volunteers get out of the woods to enjoy the day as well. If not, they will be standing lonely in the trees, slapping mosquitos while others hang in the venue enjoying the hard work of the dedicated (guilt trip intended). Surely you want to help your fellow FORCers to HFDB.
    Patrollers we will need help in the first aid tent and on the course. Also, if you are not a Patroller but are certified in first aid we could use your help in the tent. Please post up here if you can help. Thanks everybody.
    db

I can also help with setup and course marshal.

Fred and Amie will be there to help.

I'll be down Saturday to help set up and put me down to Marshall sport class as usual.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I'm going to try to be there to help where I can
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Ready steady go! We can still use a few course marshals for Sunday's race. Thank to everybody who has volunteered already. Stop by the first aid tent as early Sunday morning as you can, for your assignment. Bring beverages, bug spray, chair, tunes, whatever.
    Even if you haven't signed up, you can stop by the first aid tent Sunday morning and give us a hand. To the Bikes!

Was planning to help with timing but now that we have chip timers I'm freed up. Put me down to marshal where you need me.

BIG Shout Out of Thanks to everyone that volunteered to make the Thrill Ride a success. An extra special sloppy kiss to all the trail trolls that spent a part, or all, of their day up in the woods while the party raged down below: (in no particular order) Bill S, Guy, Mandy, Nieps, Matt C, Joe & Kelly P, Anna & Eric P, Sugar, Steve B, Mike M, Keith, Rick W, Mudpixie, Fred & Amie, Vitt., Clutch, Ray & Soy, Andy, Paul S (hope my mushy brain didn't forget anyone). These events take a lot of work and you folks stepped up, Thank You!
    db