Thread: Stephens park trail work day

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Stephen's Park

Default Stephens park trail work day

Sunday June 21, I know it's Father's Day, will be a volunteer trail work day at Stephens park. We will start at 9:30 am and work til about 1 pm. I have 4 rouge hoes a shovel and a wheel barrow. Those will be the tools needed so if you have them bring em. I know it's father day so any time donated will be appreciated no matter how little. I'll bring donuts in the morning. You should bring at least gloves and water to drink. Thanks in advance for your participation. Post up if you can make it and tools bringing if any. Thanks

Meet in pavillion parking lot behind main ball diamond.
    Last edited by Bill.specht; 06-18-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Board Position

Just a reminder if anyone has some spare time this morning we are doing trail work at Stephens park 930am. I'll bring donuts you bring gloves hoes shovels and wheelbarrows if you have them!

Bill, sorry I haven't been able to make any of the work days so far. Will you be working at Stephen's Park this Sunday (6/28)? I have the day off finally and would like to help out.

Board Position

Sunday sounds great to have another trail day. Hopefully Drew can make himself available for the last switch berm construction. The other thing is to finish benching a few sections of trail. There's more to do than that but that would be enough for Sunday! Ill post more details later in week. Thanks for your interest

Board Position

Also thanks to everyone who showed up last Sunday! We had a total of ten volunteers so we split up and completed one switch berm and another group moved of ton of dirt benching a steep section of trail. Everyone worked very hard and made outstanding progress. I am very impressed with everyone! Check out the Facebook page for pics and more details about the park. Link here https://www.facebook.com/stephensparktrails. Hope that link works

Board Position

We are planning another trail work day Sunday June 28 th at 10am. We will be working on another switch berm and more benchwork down 4 th st. Shovels, hoes, and wheel barrows will be the tools of choice. Bring gloves and water as well. There is a chance of rain on Sunday so if rain happens trail work will be postponed...
    Last edited by Bill.specht; 06-26-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Board Position

Sunday was a very successful day. Thank you everyone that came to help. We had 13 volunteers totaling 35 hours of work. We finished the last switch berm corner and built a retaining wall down a section of fourth st. There is now one mile of trail ready to open when it drys out! Adjustments to current trail will be ongoing for a while but soon it will be open. Thanks again to all involved.
    Last edited by Bill.specht; 06-30-2015 at 07:02 PM.