Thread: Tour of the North Woods 2015

Board Position
    President

Default Tour of the North Woods 2015

This years Fest is the weekend of September 5-7. I' not sure if I'm going just for the weekend or doing the long trip that I have in the past. Here's your chance to put in your input. Who wants to go? How long? Would you like to go after? Marquette? Other place? Here's a run down of events.
    The Copper Harbor Trails Fest is September 5-6, 2015 in Copper Harbor, MI. The annual Labor Day Weekend event features short and long Enduro races, 17 and 27 mile XC courses, Downhill Race, and a Junior Fat Tire event (for kids 14 & under). Watch bikers launch themselves into Lake Superior during the Dan Wissman Memorial Dock Jump Competition and enjoy music, beer, and good times both on Saturday and Sunday! The long Enduro and Downhill are part of the
    Lake Superior Gravity Series
    . We’ll see you in there!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I want to ride my bike on awesome trails, somewhere gorgeous, sometime this summer, with my peeps, for a week. So, sounds like I'm in. Does this help?

My dad juicy and I will be going we need to head back on wed. From Marquette

Don't tell my legs, but my plan is to join in on the festivities this time.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    President

I'm not seeing much interest this year so I'm wondering if its not time to mix it up this year. Here's a thought that the Browns and I considering.
    Leave Wednesday the 2nd and Head toward Chequamegon. On the way stop at Lowes Creek in Eau Claire for a ride. Probably grab a bite at a local brew pub or brewery. Leinenkugel is right there after all. At the end of the day end up at the Lenroot Lodge in the great metropolis of Seeley, WI for our stay. The vast network of trails are right out side our door or a short drive to other trail heads. We would return on Sunday with maybe a stop at Levis? It's a shorter drive (6 1/2hrs) still has quality trails (claimed 100+ miles of single track). We give Copper/Marquette a year or 2 too build there new point trail and give us more to look forward to.

Opinons?

the browns are 'way' in! Been a while since we have been up there. Rock Lake System is sweet and they have made some additions. Mosquito Brook is their newest system and we hear it rocks. That's only 2 of the 5 to choose from. Add in the Saw Mill restaurant for breakfast and Tackos (that's Tacos for the non-northwoods speaking folks), Angry Minnow brewery, Moccasin tavern (and it's stuffed animal museum), Fresh Water Fishing Museum (with a 40 ft tall Muskie), as well as, the obligatory FORC shenanigans, and it's sure to be an 'Up Nort" trip for the ages. What say you?

just talked to the folks at the Lenroot Lodge. Riverside rooms are available for $110/night (2 people. Add $15/person per additional folks in the room). There are 2 Queen beds in each room (most have one bed downstairs and one up in a loft). So if 4 people stay together, that would be $140/person for a 4 night stay. Way less than you will spend on beer. I have several rooms reserved but please post up as soon as you can so we can make sure everyone is covered. OK, say it with me "YAH HEY DER!".

If there is a hodag in the museum, I'm in! Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    If there is a hodag in the museum, I'm in! Sounds great!
    Nice!
    Last edited by SugarShane; 07-09-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Joe and Kelley Porter are in the change. However we will have to leave on Thursday the 3rd instead of the 2nd. Do we make our own reservations? Arron and Bruce Houzenga (clutch and papaclutch) are good with the change, but they are planning leaving on Saturday to head to the race in Copper.

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Miss Mandy and Klunk are in for what ever. Just tell us when to where!

My plan now is to leave on Thursday meet up with the group in WI then leave Saturday morning for copper harbor come back on Monday. My dad will be going with me anybody that wants to do that is welcome to

I was pretty stoked about Copper but I guess I'd rather go there when there's a bigger contingency. Clutch, I can't see myself driving all the way to CH and turning around after just over 24 hours later. I can do Copper another year if I live that long. I'll get over it. Your Plan B sounds pretty fun.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Interest continues to grow for the FORC'n Chequamegon trip. All the rooms I reserved have been spoken for, but they have plenty more. So, Joe, Clutch and everyone else who wants to join in. Give the Lenroot lodge a call and set up the days you want, 715.634.7007. You can get your own room or share with others, it's up to you. You will get a northwoods feel as soon as they answer the phone. That's because they will have to find the reservation book somewhere behind the bar. Let them know you are with the MTB group (you get no special favors, it just makes them smile) Ask for a 'Riverside' room if available, they have a nice view.
    Dirt, if you haven't been up there, you should definitely join us.
    the browns are getting up there 9/2 and returning home 9/6.
    Last edited by dirtboy; 07-13-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: i can't read a calendar

Called and reserved a room. They are out of the Riverside Rooms.

Andy and I are thinking about heading up early and going on a 3 day 2 night guided kayak tour of the Apostle Islands which are about 2.5 hours north of Hayward. Is anyone else interested? We need a minimum of four people to book the guided tour. The trip will cost about $400 and it includes kayaks, campsites, tents , and all meals. We would leave on Aug 29th. The tour is called the Island Wanderer: http://lostcreekadventures.org/kayakcamping.html

Board Position
    President

Had to change the name of the thread. To misleading. Copper, next time old friend.

Does anyone still have an open spot in one of their rooms, I want to go on the trip but haven't been real good about planning lol

Board Position
    President

Probably work something out. Wouldn't be the same without ya.

Board Position
    President

Nice little group going up to tackle the north woods. We want to get together this weekend and discuss when what where? What's every ones availability?

Depending on the weather...the wife, myself, clutch and maybe guldy will down around front street around lunch time on saturday...might take the fatties out. If not Sunday, so either day around lunch at front.

the browns should be around most of the weekend. Hope to hit the River Roots on Saturday. Give us a heads up, if there's beer involved we're in.

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Friday nite, Saturday or Sunday afternoon should work.

As of right now, any time for me.

Board Position
    President

With River Roots going on Friday/Saturday, let's do Sunday FSBFH @ 12. Should be less crowded then.