Thread: Hazardous Plants?

Default Hazardous Plants?

Everything is starting to grow in pretty thick now and after riding the whole park (minus L.T) we noticed our legs were pretty red/itchy after the ride. Since we were just flying through it, wouldn't say we had enough exposure to cause any lasting issues, but still happened.

Since it is a wooded environment, it would be kind of hard to eliminate the chances of poison ivy and stinging nettle, but didn't know if any naturalists out there knew of any "hot spots" out at the park? While I am not advocating eliminating wild life, if the spots are known, might be able to trim back the plants to reduce interaction to passing riders!

....or just suck it up and wear long sleeves and leggings and sweat it out?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

We'll be out trimming back plants that are hanging into the trails over the next few weeks. This is standard maintenance we do at all the parks every year around this time. If you want to help out, watch for upcoming announcements about trail maintenance. 20 miles of trail trimming ain't no walk in the park. Well, kinda.

Mmmmm the great annual weed whack. Good times right there, great way to take out your frustrations.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Hotspot- Yeah, The climb on Palos right after you cross the small ravine through a narrow passage cut out of a log is Nettle Hell, and that same patch is big enough to get you between the dirt berm and Kettle as you ride Farmdale. Nettles are just awful, but at least it only lasts 10 or 15 minutes!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.