Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FORCn Duro -- Save the Date!

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Excellent! Thanks for joining, if you're interested the FORC monthly membership meeting is coming up Aug 3rd, 630pm at Bent River brewery RI. There'll be some Duro discussion.

Might I entice you to ride those 17 miles from Grove Tap to SBP? All whom complete the whole Duro get a prize at the post-ride party -- and its sooo worth it.
    Is there any rules for what trails you have to hit at every park? That is half of why I would be tempted to skip the 17 mile pavement ride, is so I can make sure I survive L.T. at Sunderbruch, haha.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

If you want do a trial run of some of this ride, I'm riding at/between IFP, SP, and SBP on Sat. Aug. 9th @ 9am. Details here.

The Duro is not a race, ride at your own pace, no prize for finishing first. Take several breaks/BS sessions to make it a fun day in lieu of grueling. SAG wagon will follow along and park at each trail system w/water, snacks, other beverages, lies & tomfoolery.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSpice View Post
    Is there any rules for what trails you have to hit at every park?
    Its on-your-honor. The Spirit of the Duro is to ride the entire route with a Full Loop of all trails at each park, even if that means walking the tough portions of LT, area 51, etc.
    Be safe, have fun, get to know fellow FORC'rs!
    ?

In for the Duro, but not camping. May hang out for after party, though. Looking forward to riding with ya!

the Browns have site 54 for Friday & Saturday.

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

I have reserved site 56 for Friday & Sat. If still thinking about camping, looks like tent site 55 is available and Camper site 36. This would fill in the sites with FORCers.

Default Camp reservation

Where do I make a reservation to camp? c
    Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Can you do it? RIDE-TO and RIDE five FORC mtb parks in one day!

Not a race, ride at your own pace, get to know your fellow FORCrs.

Saturday August 15th
    • Meet 7AM at Westbrook Park in Dewitt IA. Coffee & light grub via SAG wagon.
    • Then ride down to Scott County park, ride on to lunch, then on to Sunderbruch, on to new Stephens Park, finish at Illiniwek in Hampton IL.
    • 75 total miles
    • 25 miles singletrack (one full loop at each park); 50 miles gravel/paved backroads/bikepath commuting to parks.
    • SAG wagon support, water, snacks at MTB parks.
    • Lunch stop at The Grove Tap (old friends from Midwest MTB Fest).
    • Safe overnight vehicle parking available in Dewitt.
    • End camping/potluck evening party at Fishermans Corner campground, a 1/2 mile east of Illinewek.

FREE! Must be a FORC member to participate, join here

Feel free to ride part of it, but you need to coordinate your own exit pickup. SAG wagon is rider safety & support, not shuttle/taxi.

In your Duro!
    EDIT May 1 - made aware to move it to "Lets Ride" for member subscription notices
    EDIT July 29th - to update Duro date & camping location

Route Map Here

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Go to Recreation.Gov....plug in Fishermans Corner, il. Have to create a login...just enter dates and site. Pay by credit card thru their reservation system. It's cheap tents site $20 for both nites.

I will be in for the Duro! Won't be doing the camping however.

All of the sites in the FORC block appear to be booked. Tent sites were gone, so I will be pitching a tent on site 36. At least I will have a 50 amp service to plug my cell phone in to. I should have plenty of room on this site if someone else needs a place to tent camp so long as there are not any rules about multiple tents on a site. It said up to 6 campers and 2 cars are allowed per site.

-Matt Collier

Curious (and just a touch worried)...I joined last week, and I'm not showing up in the member list. Don't want to show up for the Duro on Saturday and find out I can't join in the fun. Thanks in advance!

Board Position

Quote Originally Posted by No_Brakes33 View Post
    Curious (and just a touch worried)...I joined last week, and I'm not showing up in the member list. Don't want to show up for the Duro on Saturday and find out I can't join in the fun. Thanks in advance!
    You're good. I saw your payment go through. Not sure why the "supporting member" tag it isn't showing by your username...

Just a heads up for Saturday in case you haven't seen this yet.

http://kwqc.com/2015/08/11/arsenal-b...e-for-washing/

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    You're good. I saw your payment go through. Not sure why the "supporting member" tag it isn't showing by your username...
    Thanks! See you Saturday!

Board Position

There seems to be an issue with the supporting member tag displaying correctly for some with current memberships. To definitively check your membership status, click on the Settings link at the very top right corner of the page (when logged in) and go to Paid Subscriptions in the My Settings table on the left of the page. The info in the Active Subscriptions table should list the duration and type of membership.

Click here if you need to renew or join.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    There seems to be an issue with the supporting member tag displaying correctly for some with current memberships. To definitively check your membership status, click on the Settings link at the very top right corner of the page (when logged in) and go to Paid Subscriptions in the My Settings table on the left of the page. The info in the Active Subscriptions table should list the duration and type of membership.

Click here if you need to renew or join.
    I am in the same boat, but per these instructions can see my membership start/end time. Good to go!

Lots of hard-core bikers getting together for the Duro! Good Stuff, excited to meet & ride with everyone!

Check-in 7AM at Westbrook for overnight parking details, route map handouts, coffee & grub.

SAG wagon will be well stocked w/snacks, water and variety of beverages

Bring cell phone, blinky taillight for road portions, water bottle, multitool, money for the Grove Tap. Helmets always.

Post ride party Saturday 6PM-ish!

FORC party area is at Fishermans Corner sites #37 & 38.
    Non-Duro riding FORC members and family are welcome!

• BBQ, condiments & paper goods provided by FORC.
    • Bring a side dish to share; feel free to drop off a cooler Fri nt/early Sat morning if needed.
    • Beer Potluck -- bring a sixer (or twelver or more!) of your fav craft beer to put into the kiddie pool.

New camping info per Steve H -- we can put one tent down with a trailer/RV. Latecomers needing a spot can 'bribe' a FORCr (beer might work) and share a site.

See everyone Saturday morning if not earlier!
    ?

I reserved spot 40 and will have a pop up, with an extra bed, and room for a tent on the site if anyone needs a place to crash.

Looking to RSVP for the Duro this weekend. Am I to late to get signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by justinwilson12 View Post
    Looking to RSVP for the Duro this weekend. Am I to late to get signed up.
    There is no "sign up", all FORC members are welcome. Wanted to get rough headcount of Duro riders so we have enough SAG snacks, water, beverages and Post-Ride party chow.

If you did not reserve a campsite, there should be room to throw down a tent on another FORC'r site.
    ?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Stephen's Park

I plan on doing Westbrook to Stephens

The juicys are in...and also picking up Fred and Amie.

Well good news and bad news.

Good news? Borrowing my buddy my bike rack so he can pick up his new Mountain Bike! (He is going to be a first time rider and potential future-FORCer!)

Bad news, won't have a bike rack to transport my bike anymore and plans changed so I won't be around until early afternoon. So hopefully when I get back I can try to ballpark where the crew is and see if I can find anyone. (Guessing the group will be to maybe around Sunderbruch/Credit Island/Great River Trail en route to Stephen's.)

Firewood -- if anyone has a line on local wood, that would be great to bring to Fishermans Corner FORC area and save the club some money. Or if several folks bring a little bit of wood that'll work.
    Looks like it will be a big turnout of you Hearty bikers, taking advantage of this rare opportunity w/SAG support!
    Exciting times, see everyone tomorrow morning!

PS> I called the Scott Cty Park office this morning, and the trails are OPEN; reckon they'll update the website soon.
    ?

I'll be riding. Not camping.