Thread: Credit Island Saturday Morning

Default Credit Island Saturday Morning

Going stomping Saturday morning if anyone is interested.

I'm down as long as it isn't too early. I have to reassemble my back wheel so i can ride. I might not be ready till around 10 or later.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Shooting for 10ish. I'm going to park on the island and do a few laps on the condo course.

Don't wait up. I'm not feelin' like fondo laps. I'll prolly go ride SBP

I don't have enough posts to start my own thread, but I'm from Rochelle, Il over south of Rockford and looking for some good fatbike trails. How are all the trails in your area now. Was trying to find more info on conditions. We'd be making a trip maybe this weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhueber1 View Post
    I don't have enough posts to start my own thread, but I'm from Rochelle, Il over south of Rockford and looking for some good fatbike trails. How are all the trails in your area now. Was trying to find more info on conditions. We'd be making a trip maybe this weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    It really depends on how much snow we get on Wed. If we get an 1/2 inch to 2 inches, all of the trails could be awesome this weekend as long as you don't mind working for it (ie. breaking trail on the first pass). If we get a group together, it shouldn't be much trouble at all. If we don't get any snow, I think the "trails" will be icy and not as fun as they should be; however, Credit Island will be primo on Fri and Sat with temps around 20 degrees. I won't likely have time to ride this weekend, but I'm sure someone will post up in the Let's Ride section.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

i'm still waiting on my freehub body. if that comes in this week, I'll be dying to get a ride.

jhueber, are you looking for someone to ride with?

I'd probably come over with a couple other guys, never hurts to have more though. Just looking to see what it was like over there and any recommendations on trails to check out. Thanks for the help so far

Scott County park has about 4 miles of snow shoe groomed trail. A little bumpy near the trail head where hikers have shared it but smooth farther out.

Check under QC Trails menu above. Not aware of 'groomed snow' trails/singletrack to ride in area though, but some are doable.
    Most local Fat Biking seems to be off-trail adventure stuff, riding over anything and everything in the Mississippi River bottoms/timberland. Its a blast, technically challenging, not aerobically demanding if that's what you're seeking.
    Rumor has a social Fat Bike adventure forming up for this Saturday 28th. Stay Tuned to Lets Ride forum.
    ?