Thread: stomping grounds

Default stomping grounds

are the trails down at credit island closed due to wet muddy condtions or is it ok to ride them

There are no trails at Credit Island to close.

With everything in mind, our club is not about rutting up City Parks and ruining habitat when conditions are less than ideal. Using that park is a privilege that can be taken away swiftly when and if we start to get complaints about this.

There is solid and well thought out reasoning behind ICORR cancelling I AM FAT.

When a handful of us starting riding our fat bikes out at Credit Island, the fun behind it was there was no "trail" and it was pure bliss. It's sad to me what this has become.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I'm picking up what your putting down. The trail i was asking about was the trail marked out for the fat tire event in feb.but i get it if your leaving ruts and tracks then its probable to wet and muddy to be down there .

Go ride and enjoy yourself, particularly the Fondo 'route', it could use tires on the ground.
    In getting the FFFFest established, I've been in almost-daily-contact with City Parks & Rec officials. Fully communicated that repeat Fondo laps will leave ruts and trails on Credit Island frisbee course and open fields in a wide range of weather conditions. The officials written reply is that it is not an issue. Our Fondo is 100% in flood zone, and normal flooding will 'erase' any impacts. The City of Davenport, Parks & Rec, Levee Commission, Living Lands & Waters, River Action and other agencies that I have been in contact with are extremely enthusiastic and supportive of FORCs FFFFest, and the repeat & positive presence FORCers bring to Credit Island. Everyone is happy to have FORC there, even in a bit o' mud.
    Go ride and enjoy yourself.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Go ride and enjoy yourself, particularly the Fondo 'route', it could use tires on the ground.
    In getting the FFFFest established, I've been in almost-daily-contact with City Parks & Rec officials. Fully communicated that repeat Fondo laps will leave ruts and trails on Credit Island frisbee course and open fields in a wide range of weather conditions. The officials written reply is that it is not an issue. Our Fondo is 100% in flood zone, and normal flooding will 'erase' any impacts. The City of Davenport, Parks & Rec, Levee Commission, Living Lands & Waters, River Action and other agencies that I have been in contact with are extremely enthusiastic and supportive of FORCs FFFFest, and the repeat & positive presence FORCers bring to Credit Island. Everyone is happy to have FORC there, even in a bit o' mud.
    Go ride and enjoy yourself.
    well that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

thanx guldy for the info on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by seango88 View Post
    thanx guldy for the info on the matter
    Ditto, that's awesome! But boy, do we need Sylvan back...

I'm dying to get back to riding at Sylvan

Thanks Guldy for the info.
    I wanna ride!

OK, but are the city officials aware of all the faces that will be scattered about the island after they get stomped off?

Great work, Guldy!

Thanks Guldy. Looks like this race is gonna happen hell or high water!

Well, high water could pose a problem...
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

The OP was the first thing I read this morning. I laughed out loud.

Thanks to Guldy for going at it the right way. Credit Island is a fat biking treasure.

you know what makes me laugh is when ppl ride trails that are to wet becuase they were to cool to ask and make sure he or she isnt messing it up for some one else....haha real funny.

You did the right thing by asking in advance -- THANK YOU.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by seango88 View Post
    you know what makes me laugh is when ppl ride trails that are to wet becuase they were to cool to ask and make sure he or she isnt messing it up for some one else....haha real funny.
    Apologies partner. I assumed you were talking about the general stomping grounds which, you've gotta admit, is pretty funny. Your concern shouldn't be mocked.

The river-side of the Fondo course was rad last night after the temps dropped. Crispy on the outside and soft underneath. Like pizza...

I like the crust. It's like a handle.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."