Thread: Halloween Group Ride / TT

Default Halloween Group Ride / TT

Gauging interest in a Halloween group night ride and/or time trial at Sunderbruch. Light a fire, HFDB, ride bikes in Halloween costumes, enjoy some sweet fall singletrack...sounds like fun to me!

We would probably need to do it on Tuesday, October 28 to avoid trick or treat schedules. I believe ICORR is doing their event the week after Halloween this year so this will give us plenty of time to recover ;)

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    Gauging interest in a Halloween group night ride and/or time trial at Sunderbruch. Light a fire, HFDB, ride bikes in Halloween costumes, enjoy some sweet fall singletrack...sounds like fun to me!

We would probably need to do it on Tuesday, October 28 to avoid trick or treat schedules. I believe ICORR is doing their event the week after Halloween this year so this will give us plenty of time to recover ;)

Thoughts?
    I would be in! Let me know what I can do to help

I'd be down for it if it was on the weekend instead lol. All the good stuff is in the weekdays :(
    Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in a Halloween ride, but not interested if it's a TT. I'm good w/ Tuesday 10/28.

If you wanted to do it on a weekend, the Saturday before (10/25) has conflicts: Lagomarcinos 5K and the QC Terror Run. What about Friday night 10/24?
    Last edited by Bexter; 10-03-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I would also prefer a night group ride over a TT. We haven't had many organized group rides this year.

The events Bexter mentioned for Sat. 10/25 start in the morning and may be over early enough in the day any conflicts would be minimal?

Regular group ride is fine by me...less legwork that I have to do! I am definitely open to moving the date, but concerned that people will have other stuff going on (I could be wrong though).

You may be right about people having more stuff going on during the weekend. Tuesday night works, or if you're considering a weekend based on Tigris' comment, maybe do a poll with two dates and see how many people weigh in. Better to get set earlier so people can mark it on calendar especially being the busy Month of Hallows. I made that up -- pretty sure it's not a thing. But, Halloween brings all sorts of events and gatherings. The Davenport Halloween Parade is on Halloween. Thinking of whipping up some Apple Pie for that. Between that and Squirrel Juice, we should be in rare form. :-)
    I wanna ride!