Thread: Farmdale Festival -- Sept. 19-21

Default Farmdale Festival -- Sept. 19-21

Steve-o had an absolutely brilliant idea for the Farmdale Festival this year (at least for those people not racing). First, so you know, PAMBA has switched up the format. They are doing the XC race on Saturday and the downhill race on Sunday. Surely there will be night rides, bonfires, night movies and a bunch of other fun stuff. Will Krud and Squirrel throw their names in the hat for the bunny hop contest? We hope so! Will we get to see the Staub baby? Another one to hope for! What about the Huffy-toss? Will Ray trimuph again??! Will Mama bring FORC bars?! Anyway, PAMBA never disappoints when it comes to fun. If you haven't been to the Farmdale Festival, it is as you might glean from this post... FUN!

Steve's idea has spot-on merit. For those not racing on Saturday, let's ride Wildlife Prairie Park in the morning. WPP in my opinion is the gem of the PAMBA trail systems. Granted, it's on private property with no public funding, so you gotta pay to ride unless you're a WPP member. But, it is worth it (I think it's $8 a person). By riding there, we help to support a really cool trail system and they will continue to see its value and allow for continued bike travel. Please make sure you sign in at the board in the WPP biking parking lot for the park officials really pay attention to the board and rider numbers. For those of you who don't know about WPP, there are two sides to the park and probably 8 miles total. Half is fast flowy goodness, and the second half winds around 4 "fingers" that were left from strip mining. Also fast and flowy but ROCK! My fav! Two trips through and you have 16 miles and a smile so big that your cheeks will ache.

Most people will head down to Peoria on Friday night, however I didn't realize that my brother will be coming in town on Friday from Virginia, so I want to see him. So, our plan is to leave the QCA Saturday morning and hit WPP on the way to Peoria. Steve-o's idea was to watch the Novice race begin at Farmdale on Saturday morning and then head to WPP. So not sure yet on the time frame. More details as we get closer and more people weigh in. Then, after a WPP ride, we go to lunch at one of three burger places: Ludy's (2 miles from the park and right off I-74), Burger Barge, or 5-Guys Burgers. After lunch and a cocktail, we head to Farmdale for an afternoon of fun, riding, etc. Bring your lights for there is ALWAYS a fun night ride. Sunday, more riding and watching the downhill races.

You in? I sure hope so! This is always a super fun weekend! Squeamish about field-camping with no running water and just port-o-potties? There are plenty of hotels in Peoria! Or buy a pack of wet wipes and call it good! Remember, we are mtn bikers! Hope to see you this weekend!
    I wanna ride!

I'm definitely in.

Still 50/50 on whether I'm gonna do the XC race or not--the race course is in the opposite direction from what it has "normally" been.

I do like the WPP idea though....

I'll be headed down Friday night.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Our plan is to head out sometime after the Novice racers take off (as Bexter said), we'll probably play it by ear based on when Bexter and Jon will be at WPP. I'll have room for two more people and bikes in my truck if someone wanted to jump in. We probably will skip the lunch stop in favor of coming back to camp and grilling something.

Board Position
    Vice President

me and drew are coming down Friday night and bringing the fire ring! anyone else going Friday?

Have fun, kids...I'll be enjoying my 2nd trip to Saudi Arabia in the last month.

I'm going down Friday.

I'll be there some time. Don't know yet if i'm racing xc, but for sure the dh.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Ugh, yup, true to form, looks like a real PAMBA event. 60% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday, 40% for Saturday night. Still plenty of time for the forecast to improve...
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Vice President

aww don't be a party pooper! bring some wet wipes and youll be good!

the browns are heading down to the Farm(dale) tonight

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    the browns are heading down to the Farm(dale) tonight
    oh

BOY

this weekend isn't gonna be fun. no fun at all will be had.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

THANK GOD, I was beginning to think this weekend would be lacking in the safety department!!