Thread: Flynn Schultz Memorial Tri-Trail Tour: Saturday, Sept. 6th

Default Flynn Schultz Memorial Tri-Trail Tour: Saturday, Sept. 6th

Flynn Schultz Memorial Tri-Trail Tour
    One day, three trails...

Flynn was always a crazy animal of a racer who had big dreams. One of his dreams was to set up a race using the three southern trails in the Quad Cities - Sunderbruch to Sylvan Island to Illiniwek and back.

In memory of Flynn and this grand dream, there will be a group ride/run using this route. It will be a casual ride/run that everyone is invited to join. If you would like to cover the whole route, that would be awesome. If you want to jump in just for a section or two, that is great too.

There will be food and drinks along the course at the major stops.

As this is a group ride there are not any specific rules or times. What is set out is a guideline of times that the main group will be following. If you do decide to participate please be sure to wear a helmet and follow all traffic laws.

Lets get this dream rolling.
    Details

When: Saturday, September 6 @ 9am
    Where: Sylvan Island
    Cost: Suggested $25 donation to benefit Team Never Forgotten (a local veterans non-profit that benefits local veterans exclusively).

Timeline:
    This ride will be split into morning and afternoon legs. Both will be around 20 miles round trip with an optional 4 mile of single track trail riding.

0900 - 1200

The morning leg will be Sylvan Ilsand, Moline IL to Sunderbruch Trail Park Davenport, IA. It is approximately 10 miles each direction on pavement. If you are riding trails, plan on adding approximately 2 miles of single track out and back.

Road portion is 20 miles round trip Road plus single track is 22-25 miles round trip (depending how much singletrack you ride).

13:00 - 16:00

The afternoon leg is from Sylvan Island to Illiniwek Trail Systems Hampton, IL. IA. It is approximately 10 miles each direction on pavement. If you are riding trails plan on adding approximately 4 miles of single track riding when we arrive.

There is no registration fee for this event. Instead we encourage a $25 donation. All proceeds will go to Team Never Forgotten. This is a local veterans non-profit that benefits local veterans exclusively.
    I wanna ride!

Morning half I can't make but ill be there for the afternoon half. Been wanting to do some these rides that are for good causes.

For those that are going to ride trails too, just riding mtbs the entire time??? I have my commuter, no road bike, and my mtb. No problem bringing both down (if wife is ok with playing bike taxi) just never done thing like this before have no idea what to expect.
    Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk

Just ride your mountain bike the whole time. It'll be an easy pace to and from the trail system.

I'm sad that I have to work and miss this. :(

I am only available for the morning portion, and I plan to ride my mtn bike the whole time. Bummer about the rain and wet trails. Some threat of rain today/tonight but who knows whether it will hit us. If the trails are closed tomorrow, this event will be a bike path / road ride. Booo. I am on the fence about it if that is what happens. I hate to be fair weather, but that sounds far less appealing to me, free time is limited, and I may opt instead to ride the hills of Rock Island or Davenport and send Team Never Forgotten a donation. Pray for dry trails!
    I wanna ride!

Bike n Hike has sweeted the pot and raffle tickets will be sold at the ride for a chance to win a Giant mtn bike (with proceeds going to Team Never Forgotten). Our local bike shops are phenominal! Thank you Steve Depron!
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Bike n Hike has sweeted the pot and raffle tickets will be sold at the ride for a chance to win a Giant mtn bike (with proceeds going to Team Never Forgotten). Our local bike shops are phenominal! Thank you Steve Depron!
    I think I'm in for the duration! Unless we get some really crappy weather.

well looks like mother natures has hosed the dirt portion but ill still be there for the second half, hopefully we get a lucky last minute report illinwek is open lol.

Just got back for a walk at IFP, trails are open and in great shape :-)!
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"