Thread: New Guy

Default New Guy

Hello FORC...

Name is Blaine, and I reside in Colona. Grew up riding bikes, and never have been able to stop! Currently I have an ancient Diamondback Response that has been beaten and put through the tests... Really looking forward to getting a new bike! Something of more quality with front shocks that aren't blown out!!!

Anywho, I've only been out to Sunderbruch in the area... And let me tell you - I enjoyed my morning ride! I went to school down in Southern Illinois and helped with the trails quite a bit down there... Reminded me quite a bit of that place. I'm anxious to meet some other folks as well as join in on some rides!

Take Care

Awesome! SBP is always a good time! Keep an eye on the Lets Ride forum, or post up in there if you are looking to ride and I'm sure you'll get some company.

Not sure if you into racing or not, but we have been having Time Trials (TT's) about once a month all summer and the next one is scheduled for Sept 9 @ Scott County Park. Also, its not a FORC trail/event, but the Sugar Bottom Scramble is this Sunday (8-24) over in the Iowa City area and is a great opportunity to meet fellow riders in the area.

Thanks for the reply Vittetoe761...

I plan on hitting up Illini either this evening or tomorrow. Sounds like those are some nice trails as well. That event sounds neat this weekend, unfortunatly I'll be out of town. I did read about the TT's... sounds like that has been quite a riot! Anxious to participate in the future, but I'll be skipping the 9th I'm sure - as our first child is due the day before.

I think child birth is a reasonable excuse to miss a TT ;)

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Welcome Blaine! If you plan on riding Illiniwek tomorrow, there will be a group of FORCers there helping with the Taming of The Slough Tune Up session from 5:30-7:00pm who would be glad to show you around.

Consider it done DH001. I'll head over after work. Any particular meeting place? I see the map show a parking lot for the TH. I assume I could spot others from there? Thank you for the invitation. I'll bring some gloves:).

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Yep, we will be meeting at the trailhead parking lot as indicated on the map. The weather forecast is looking a bit iffy at the moment with a good chance of thunderstorms overnight. If the trails end up closing we will have to cancel the Tune Up session. I'll make an announcement tomorrow if that happens.

Welcome to FORC!!! Careful with illinwek lol, IT GETS REALLY ADDICTING!!! Nothing like a nice long warm up climb for the reward of fast, flowy, berminated, awesomeness.

Also when u get some time gotta try Scott county park lots of fun too when ur looking for a solid mix of fun, mileage and more mellow climbing.

Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk

Tigris99, thanks for the comment. I've been out to Scott a few times hiking and to fly the r/c airplane. Next time out, I'll toss the bike on the hitch!

Seems like a great, active community here at FORC. Looking forward to meeting some people!