Thread: Illiniwek Abermination- Race Week!

Default Illiniwek Abermination- Race Week!

Ladies and Gents, start your engines!....er, drivetrains!

I am pumped for this weekend! Hope everyone has had a chance to pre-register, I am going to get to it today. I'm sure a lot of the finer points will be discussed tonight at the membership meeting, but just wanted to throw out a reminder to all that will be participating and volunteering that the race is 6 days away.

Post up here or on another appropriate thread if there are any further questions for volunteers or racers. I plan to be at the park on Saturday afternoon helping to get things set up, marked off and cleaned up.

Hope to see everyone out there!

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

We are closely monitoring the weather forecast for this weekend. At this point we are confident that we will be able to hold the race as the trails are in good shape. We will keep everyone up to date on the status as the event approaches.

If we get rained out this weekend, we will postpone the event to next weekend (Sunday, June 15). There is also a possibility that we could delay the event start times 2-3 hours if we feel it will make a significant difference in trail conditions.

We are currently sitting at 49 pre-registrants...who is gonna be number 50!?

And just like that... Brian "Buddy" Lueth takes the 50th spot. Thanks Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    And just like that... Brian "Buddy" Lueth takes the 50th spot. Thanks Buddy!
    Nice!

We are going to delay the race by 2 hours tomorrow. We have gotten 0.2 inches of rain at the park so far and are anticipating a couple more tenths as the system clears out. The trails can handle around a half inch before they get too sloppy. Cat 3 race will start at 11:00am, Cat 2 at 12:45, and Cat1/Comp at 3pm. Trails should be in great shape by that time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've been home the last 2 week due to family emergency...I wont be racing so I'm avial all day to help....what time we showing up to set up?

NM...I'm good...saw my email.
    Last edited by Armyballer; 06-07-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

It has been a long weekend, but I think we can officially say that the Illiniwek Abermination was a success! It took a lot of work from a lot of people to make it happen today, but it was all worth it in the end. I would like to send out a huge thank you to all of the FORC volunteers as well as the 150+ racers that came out and gave it their all. Make sure you all come out to the next race which is at Sunderbruch Park in Davenport on July 13.

An amazing day all around.

Great to see so many people enjoying themselves--racers, spectators, volunteers.

Yesterday's happenings are exactly why I keep doing what I do with FORC.

I love you guys.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

"Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Good stuff. I'm just glad he wasn't around when Fester Jones got a hold of the mic!