Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copper Harbor/Marquette 2014

Board Position
    President

Default Copper Harbor/Marquette 2014

Well folks been a lot of chatter about this years trip so here's the details.

I plan on leaving the QC Thursday August 28th pretty early in the morning. Making the 10 1/2 hour trip strait to the Harbor. Camping will be at the Organization camp ground in Ft. Wilkins State Park. At $2.50 per night including flush toilets and hot showers, that's hard to beat. Then get ready for some awesome riding and a killer weekend full of live music, dock jumps, XC racing, DH, and Enduro. It is The Bells Beer Copper Harbor Trails Fest. More info, look here.

http://www.copperharbortrails.org/be...or-trails-fest

Part 2. Probably leave the Habor on Monday. Some choose the head home (short trip) and some will head to Marquette, MI (long trip). Only a 2 1/2 hour drive but it usually takes us much longer. We like to stop and smell the roses (brew pubs, kick ass scenery and what ever eles looks shinny on the way). Here we change things up a little. Insteed of camping we stay at the Holiday Inn. Trails leave right out the back of the hotel. This trail system changes every year. I've been there now 3 times and every year there is something new. I've never ridin the intire trail system. Marquette is awesome town right on Lake Superior. 3 brew pubs, great people killer bike seen. After a few more days of riding, we head home on Thursday. Return trip is about 8 hours with a stop at Stone Celler brew pub for lunch.

Now what I need from you people. Rough idea on how many are planning on going and how many are planning on the short trip and the long trip. Once I get a count I can let Copper know how many will be camping and I can get a price on hotel rooms. If I remember correctly the hotel stay will cost you about $100 for the 3 nights.

So, who's in?
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I'm in on this awesome trip. My kinda party.

I'll be on the long trip and will love every minute of it.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I'm in for the long trip!!! I can't wait!

Long trip, not camping at Copper, and hotel at Marquette? That's how I roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Michellefiveo View Post
    Long trip, not camping at Copper, and hotel at Marquette? That's how I roll!
    possibly one of the finest camping destinations in our great country and you're gonna stay in a hotel?!

CSB.

"ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    President

Not sure the camping isn't better than the hotels.

Heading north Friday to set up FORC camp a couple months early. Having a little shindig Thursday night at Front Street Freight House. Everyone is welcome. 5pm-?
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    Heading north Friday to set up FORC camp a couple months early. Having a little shindig Thursday night at Front Street Freight House. Everyone is welcome. 5pm-?
    Talked me into it, guess I'll go up Friday too. Anyone else?!

Board Position
    President

That's a really good idea! An early trip to copper....

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Talked me into it, guess I'll go up Friday too. Anyone else?!
    Man is that how that works! That was easy to talk you into. Anybody want to go to Moab the following week? Lol

I'll be there Thursday sixers

Quote Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post
    Man is that how that works! That was easy to talk you into. Anybody want to go to Moab the following week? Lol
    No way. Utah sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    No way. Utah sucks!
    Too many Mormons.

Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    No way. Utah sucks!
    Not enough good beer. Ahhh just come prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post
    Not enough good beer. Ahhh just come prepared!
    There's good beer in Utah. It's just highly regulated.

Board Position
    President

Copper 2014

This years trip is quickly coming up so I figured its time for some final details.
    This is my plan: my van and trailer are leaving the QC on August 28 @ 7am. Making the 10 1/2 hr trip up to Copper Harbor in time to set up camp just before the sun set. Our camp ground is The Organization Camp Ground at Fort Wilkins Sate Park. It is the first camp ground on the right after you make it through Copper Harbor (about 1 mile). Between Kings and Sixxers we should get our prime spot. From then on feel free to do what you want. Ride single track, drink beer, chill out downtown, ext... Single track starts at the camp ground. Something new this year, some of us are bringing fat bikes. One of my goals is to make it to the point. For a schedule of events click here. http://www.copperharbortrails.org/be...or-trails-fest

On Monday some of us will be packing it up and making our way to Marquette, MI. It is only 2 1/2hr drive but it usually takes us all day. This year we are going to try and ride the Tech trails in Houghton. *try*. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn.
    This is where I need a solid count on who's going. I need to make hotel reservation soon. If you want your own room speak up. If not you can keep your cost down by sharing with up to 4. If memory serves me correctly the cost was around $125 per person. We do eat out about every meal. So budget according. Marquette has amazing trails that are added to every day and 3 awesome brew pubs.

On Thursday we will then head back to the QC with a stop at Stone Cellar for lunch.

38 days away and counting so speak up I need to here from you!!

Can't wait

I'm in for the long trip. Me and Shane will be in my camper the whole time. I don't need a hotel.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    Me and Shane will be in my camper the whole time.
    Hubba hubba!

Board Position
    President

Guess we know where the "Sugar" comes from now.

i knew someone would take it there. it's my camper so you know who's catchin'...

Holy S! I'll show you where the pepper comes from! Russ you had that comin!

Board Position
    President

Ok, ok. So let's get this strait (or not!). Two guys, Russhole and Sugar Shame, sharing a camper away from the the rest of the group for a week bi them selfs.

Ya...ok. I don't judge.

Ain't nothin' wrong with two grown men sharing a pop up camper so long as there ain't no pop up tents being pitched in that camper.

Ok. That's far enough.