Thread: 2014 Trip to Levis Trow Mounds

Board Position
    President

Default 2014 Trip to Levis Trow Mounds

We are just about 2 weeks away form this years trip to Levis! I'm sure most of you have heard someone that has been talking about it over the last few weeks, but here are the details.

Some of us will be leaving on Friday the 23rd and some will be leaving Saturday 24th. It is a 4 1/2 hour drive due north into Wisconsin North East of Black River Falls. We will be camping at the trail head and no reservations are needed. Facilities include: flush toilets, fresh water large parking area and plenty of places to set up a tent. No showers are at the trail head, how ever there is a larger camp ground a couple miles down the road you could get a shower. Bring quarters! Cost of camping is $13 pre night and a trail pass is required at $5 a day or $25 a season. I would recommend bring the right amount of cash as there is no attendant on duty. You put the money in a envelop and put it in the tube. It is a honer system. The return trip is up to you. Some will return on Sunday others on Monday.

More info on the trails can be found here: www.levismounds.com
    Directions: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dave...16!2d44.476842

If you have room for someone and want to share gas money post it up! Also if you need a ride don't be afraid to ask.
    See every one there!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Should be a rather decent time.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

This will be my first trip to the famed LTM. FORC'n road trips NEVER disappoint particularly Memorial Day roadies. In my opinion, this is the absolute best way for new members - all members, for that matter - to get the most out of the club (with trail care crew the 2nd best).

I'm so certain these trips are a can't-miss good time, I'd *almost* be willing to give money-back guarantees.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Will there be a caravan leaving Friday? I'd like to go, but have never been, and would be more comfortable following somebody. Also, I only have 2 seats in my van, but can carry up to 5 bikes. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'M IN!! I'm leaving Friday morning also. I've never been, so hooking up with others who know the ropes would be very helpful.

Just in case anyone else is into this kind of stuff, I plan on swinging through Rockford on Sunday to go to a rock festival.

http://www.wxrxwingding.com

Board Position
    President

If anyone is looking to caravan up with someone on Saturday morning, I'm planning on leaving town by 8:30 at the latest. If you want to follow me let me know. We'll figure out a place to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michellefiveo View Post
    I'M IN!! I'm leaving Friday morning also. I've never been, so hooking up with others who know the ropes would be very helpful.

Just in case anyone else is into this kind of stuff, I plan on swinging through Rockford on Sunday to go to a rock festival.

http://www.wxrxwingding.com
    If I wasn't gonna be in Florida! I would be in! I love me some Alice in chains. Have fun.

I realize I didn't post our status (sorry AG, thanks for the text). We're in! We took Friday off and are helping Russ with his shed Friday morning, but then we will be heading that way. Guessing we will be there around 430... enough time to set up the tent and get a ride in. Super stoked about Levis!!!! I love the technical goodness up there! We are heading back to the QCA Sunday afternoon. Dog care issues and we want to meander over and watch the criterium in its new venue on Monday.
    I wanna ride!

For those looking to go up Friday a bit earlier than the Bexter-mobile, our 2-vehicle caravan will be leaving the QCA no later than 9am and you're more than welcome to join!

Whoever wishes to join us, meet in the Thunder Bay parking lot by 8:45am.

Leaving no later than 9am. If there's a herd of cats, I ain't herdin' em!

Leisurely stroll up to Levis, roll in around 2pm, setup camp, drink, ride, eat, drink, maybe ride again. Good day.

Charge yer lights!

If you're looking for more details, contact me at 563 six seven six 85 three four or get in touch with Jake.

http://www.madcitydirt.com/smf_forum...p?topic=2407.0

Salsa bike demo on Friday from noon to 6 pm at Levis.

Max stoke on the reg.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Max stoke on the reg.
    that's definitely enduro

Corbin's IN...heading out 7ish Friday morning. Setting up then GOAT DANCING!!! Look for the CC2 at Ridgecrest Village

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Poof and I should be heading out of CR Friday at noonish. See ya when we get there!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

I huck stuff really good. Is it Friday yet?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by corbin View Post
    ridgecrest village
    lol
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Corbin, I'll bring a spare box of depends and some tapioca. You know, in case you forget.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Corbin, I'll bring a spare box of depends and some tapioca. You know, in case you forget.
    I have no idea what the background is on this statement, but it definitely sounds like a good time.

This is going to be fun!
    Tourist

Me and Caleb are gonna see if the old Cavalier will make it that far w/ all our gear. Thinking Saturday morning leaving CR around 6 or 7ish?
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Good times, good beer, good FORCers, Great Riding! Some pix:

Sunrise from Porkys Point

A FORC'n Challenge

Evidence of great trails!
    ?

wow! that sunrise pic is awesome and the napping pic is funny. That was a great time. I hope I can make it back next year.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Is there any FORC members heading up to Levis Memorial Day 2015?

Board Position
    President

The unofficial word is probably maybe. It is the best place for a group like ours to go. Camping at the trail head, Come and go as you please, ride when you want. Stay tuned I'm sure some thing will be posted sooner than later.

I wanna go too! Anybody want to swing by CR and pick me up? I'll buy gas!
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!