Thread: Hennepin Canal Parkway Trail over nighter.

Default Hennepin Canal Parkway Trail over nighter.

Short suspence.

I'll start at the trailhead in Colona (Corner of 5th street and 5th Ave). There is a pavalian, parking, playland and trailhead sign here.

I'll leave around 10am sat moring and ride to Canal lock 22, it's about a 32 mile ride. I'll camp there for the night. Depending on how I/we fell, may ride the feeder canal that runs South to North after camp is established.

I'll be pulling my cart behind my Fatbike so I won't be moving at breakneck speeds.

Beer and Steak are on the menu for Sat night.

Don't want to spend the night then come out and ride as far as you want, bring the kids even, it's an easy trail that can be ridden on a road bike, it's a nice trail with lots of wildlife to be seen, deer, geese, turkeys, beaver, turtles ect.
    There are a few washouts that are easly passable.

Wanna fish? Bring a pole, I'ver seen lots of fish at this lock in the past.

Shoot me a text if interested, it will be Sat moring and depending on my beer consumption tonight I could be runnning late.

205-789-8276

Yes, you can pack some stuff in my cart if your willing to pull it a few miles

http://www.mobilemaplets.com/showplace/10965
    Last edited by Armyballer; 05-02-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Another great ride and campout. Possibly looking at going again this weekend. Possible 2 nighter leaving Friday (1700) and staying about 10miiles in at the Geneseo Campground and then another 35 miles on Sat to stay at Lock 17 near Wyanet. More to follow. Or head up the feeder canal and stay at the Lazy T Campground.
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"