Thread: IFP Trailwork: Wed. 4/23 & Fri.4/25 @ 5pm

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default IFP Trailwork: Wed. 4/23 & Fri.4/25 @ 5pm

We will be working at Illiniwek this week on Wednesday & Friday starting at 5:00. Meet on the south side again in the gravel lot up by the salt dome. If you arrive late, we will be on the trail that parallels Hubbard Road in the southwest quadrant of the park.

The plan is to start on a reroute that will replace a section of fall line trail with some flowy sustainable trail and to install a drain in berm which is holding water.

Dirt working tools (flat shovels & rogue hoes) will be needed. I have 6 extra tools available for anyone to use who doesn't have their own.

Sturdy shoes, long pants, gloves, and eye protection are highly recommended.

I will be there, hopefully by around 4:20 to ride first. I'll probably park down below in the north lot when I get there and hope someone else shows up to ride, then drive up and meet ya at 5. Need to borrow a tool please.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Board Position

It should be a much more enjoyable day to be out working today. Still planning on heading out at 5pm to finish the reroute.

Board Position

Thanks everyone for the help this week especially on Wednesday with the rain. We finished the reroute this evening. Get out there and ride it in before we get another wave of rain. Trails should be open tomorrow.