Thread: NMBP Patroller Training Class

Default NMBP Patroller Training Class

It's OK, we're Mountain Bike Patrol!
    It's time to schedule another National Mountain Bike Patrol (NMBP)class. Weather's not that great and unless you ride a fatty and are somewhat insane, you are getting Cabin Fever. We will need about 4-5 hours to get through the material. I am thinking of 2 evenings (last week in Feb.) @ 2 hrs each. The first night will be how to behave as a patroller, the 2nd basic bike repair (If everyone is comfortable with their bike repair skills we may be able to skip the bike repair night). We could also do it all on one weekend day if preferable, but we can figure that out when I know who is interested.

MTB Patrol is much like the 'Ski Patrol' at various resorts and ski hills. Patrollers are there to provide information and assistance to bikers on the trails and at the trail head.
    There used to be two levels of participation; Ambassadors and full Patrollers. Now, only Patroller is offered (I guess they figure we are all Ambassadors of the sport). Patrollers provide trail info, explain rules and provide mechanical assistance. Patrollers are also trained in first aid and CPR. (the First Aid/CPR classes will cost you money, looks like about $70-90 at the red cross in Moline). Patrollers have no law/rule enforcement capability, so no Barney Fife's allowed. We are there to give MTB a friendly face and hopefully encourage the folks we help to enjoy and continue to bike; help out the local club at races and encourage respect of trail systems and the work that goes into them. And you get to wear a cool red jersey.
    The program is administered through IMBA. You can read more about it at www.imba.org/nmbp.

So if you think you want to join the elite group that is QCFORC NMBP, put your name on this thread. Let me know what days work best (2/24, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27) for you. Please let me know in the next week or so, so we can get it done before the weather breaks.
    db

FYI Scott Community College has the CPR and First Aid for $54.00 on an ongoing basis and next Saturday is our CPR Saturday/American Hear Association event at the Putnam Museum where the whole family can learn about it for only $10.00 9:00-10:00 am.

Buehler? Buehler? Bringing this back up to see if anyone is interested. Let me know in the next week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    It's OK, we're Mountain Bike Patrol!
    It's time to schedule another National Mountain Bike Patrol (NMBP)class. Weather's not that great and unless you ride a fatty and are somewhat insane, you are getting Cabin Fever. We will need about 4-5 hours to get through the material. I am thinking of 2 evenings (last week in Feb.) @ 2 hrs each. The first night will be how to behave as a patroller, the 2nd basic bike repair (If everyone is comfortable with their bike repair skills we may be able to skip the bike repair night). We could also do it all on one weekend day if preferable, but we can figure that out when I know who is interested.

MTB Patrol is much like the 'Ski Patrol' at various resorts and ski hills. Patrollers are there to provide information and assistance to bikers on the trails and at the trail head.
    There used to be two levels of participation; Ambassadors and full Patrollers. Now, only Patroller is offered (I guess they figure we are all Ambassadors of the sport). Patrollers provide trail info, explain rules and provide mechanical assistance. Patrollers are also trained in first aid and CPR. (the First Aid/CPR classes will cost you money, looks like about $70-90 at the red cross in Moline). Patrollers have no law/rule enforcement capability, so no Barney Fife's allowed. We are there to give MTB a friendly face and hopefully encourage the folks we help to enjoy and continue to bike; help out the local club at races and encourage respect of trail systems and the work that goes into them. And you get to wear a cool red jersey.
    The program is administered through IMBA. You can read more about it at www.imba.org/nmbp.

So if you think you want to join the elite group that is QCFORC NMBP, put your name on this thread. Let me know what days work best (2/24, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27) for you. Please let me know in the next week or so, so we can get it done before the weather breaks.
    db

Count me in but Wednesday 2/26 is not that good.