Thread: FORC Membership drive and Chili Cook-Off

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Default FORC Membership drive and Chili Cook-Off

FORC Membership drive and Chili Cook-off. Is your Chili the best?!?!?!? We'll put it to the test.
    Bring the family and tell your friends! Not a member? Not a problem....Join FORC that day or just re-new your membership! Lots of prizes, Lots of fun and of course Lots of beer!
    Saturday February 8th, Front Street Freight House...6:00pm. (5:00pm if your making chili for set-up)

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Did we change the time for this event? I thought it started at 5 and setup was at 4?
    Times are correct, didn't pay close enough attention at the last meeting.
    Last edited by DH001; 01-17-2014 at 07:47 PM.

I will be entering my award-winning chili at this event.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Here's some reference material in case anyone needs it.
    http://www.chilicookoff.com/event/event_Rules.asp

FYI, chili con carne is a misnomer. Without meat it isn't chili at all, and real chili doesn't have beans....
    Last edited by Russhole; 01-23-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Looks like "homestyle chili" can have any ingredients (including veggie-only) as long as it's seasoned with chili peppers and spices. Does the FORC comp have separate categories (ie. Traditional Red or Chili Verde that don't allow beans or noodles?) or is it a Battle Royal?

I'm just bringing a pot of ghost chili peppers.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Carolina reaper. Check it out...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkn1 View Post
    Well... that's interesting.

Does the FORC comp have separate categories (ie. Traditional Red or Chili Verde that don't allow beans or noodles?) or is it a Battle Royal?
    Past years were not separate categories. I assume the same this year.

YEOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    Looks like "homestyle chili" can have any ingredients (including veggie-only) as long as it's seasoned with chili peppers and spices. Does the FORC comp have separate categories (ie. Traditional Red or Chili Verde that don't allow beans or noodles?) or is it a Battle Royal?
    No separate categories. If you call it Chili, for one night only, IT'S CHILI! (Be careful, some of the comment cards can be.....ummm...harsh. Also turns out the MC likes to emphasize those for some reason). Kidding of course.

BTW, I plan to enter my chili. I made a test run yesterday and it's pretty good. gotta put a couple tweaks to make it awesome. No it's not white chili. I'm going for the win this year with a traditional chili.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    BTW, I plan to enter my chili. I made a test run yesterday and it's pretty good. gotta put a couple tweaks to make it awesome. No it's not white chili. I'm going for the win this year with a traditional chili.
    ...Said the first ever winner of the Horse'sASS Worst Chili Award.
    Good luck with that, Russ.

Steve, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't WRITE those comments. I only shared them with every soul within earshot employing the most emphatic reading I could muster. What did that one comment say? "This Chili smells like the inside of my garbage disposal a week after my cat puked Indian Food into the sink!"? Harsh.

Did one person get his ego hurt? Absolutely. In fact, I think it was crushed, pummelled and turned into gravel. But did the other 149 people thoroughly enjoy the moment at his expense? Clearly. And, for the record, the chili did taste like he buried a dog log somewhere in the middle of the crockpot.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    ...Said the first ever winner of the Horse'sASS Worst Chili Award.
    Good luck with that, Russ.

Steve, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't WRITE those comments. I only shared them with every soul within earshot employing the most emphatic reading I could muster. What did that one comment say? "This Chili smells like the inside of my garbage disposal a week after my cat puked Indian Food into the sink!"? Harsh.

Did one person get his ego hurt? Absolutely. In fact, I think it was crushed, pummelled and turned into gravel. But did the other 149 people thoroughly enjoy the moment at his expense? Clearly. And, for the record, the chili did taste like he buried a dog log somewhere in the middle of the crockpot.
    Can't wait to eat some dog shit chili. I just scored a bunch of dead wildlife. Sadly I won't have time to make anything!