Thread: Fat Fenders for my Pugs

Default Fat Fenders for my Pugs

I didn't like the PDW fenders and those are the only reasonably priced fender options I could find for a fat bike, so I made some fenders for my Pugs out of 3/32" polycarbonate, check it out:

Sweet Fenders Bro.

They seem to be pretty sturdy. About an eighth of an inch of wobble in the rear, but not enough to cause any rub. Not meant for stomping as I'm sure they'll clog with mud and whatnot, but I can't stand being covered in wet slush. I use my fat bike for my transportation in the winter.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Nice! I have wanted to build a set of fenders for my road bike for a while... Where did you get the hardware to attach them to the bike? Is it a kit?

That doesn't look easy at all. I would be afraid that I would tear that shit off while stomping

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    Nice! I have wanted to build a set of fenders for my road bike for a while... Where did you get the hardware to attach them to the bike? Is it a kit?
    You can order the struts as a kit, or make your own out of thin steel rod. I stole this hardware off of a set of fenders from the 70's that I had laying around. I wish the struts were a little bit longer. I made a set for my old Trek FX a few years ago, but they weren't nearly as nice as these.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarShane View Post
    That doesn't look easy at all. I would be afraid that I would tear that shit off while stomping
    That's exactly why these are not going stomping. Strictly for when I'm commuting around town.