Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Fat Bike Day 2013 12/7/2013

Default Global Fat Bike Day 2013 12/7/2013

QC Fat Bikers and FORC will be hosting the 2013 Global Fat Bike Day for Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. This is a FAT BIKE specific ride, so if you don't have one, borrow one, steal one, or go to your LBS and buy one!

Meeting at Freight House (421 W. River Dr. Davenport, IA 52801) parking lot at 8:30 for a 9:00 departure. There will be lots of stomping, some single track and some pub crawling involved- as in true QC form.

If you want to have a good time and celebrate fat bikes with fun people, this is the ride for you. Food and drink stops along the way. Only 2 rules...Have fun and no whining! If you have any questions, let me know or post up here, I will be happy to help.

See you there!

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    QC Fat Bikers and FORC will be hosting the 2013 Global Fat Bike Day for Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. This is a FAT BIKE specific ride, so if you don't have one, borrow one, steal one, or go to your LBS and buy one!

Meeting at Freight House (421 W. River Dr. Davenport, IA 52801) parking lot at 8:30 for a 9:00 departure. There will be lots of stomping, some single track and some pub crawling involved- as in true QC form.

If you want to have a good time and celebrate fat bikes with fun people, this is the ride for you. Food and drink stops along the way. Only 2 rules...Have fun and no whining! If you have any questions, let me know or post up here, I will be happy to help.

See you there!

Cheers!
    Cheers to that I can't wait for this mass stomping of epic porportion.

I'm gonna drink honeybadgers and stomp my face off!

Exceptions will be made for these, so don't let a little ACL/MCL injury stop you from participating.

**Side note - If I ever turn up missing, please check Ray's van - he knows where I live now
    Last edited by BD83; 10-31-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Quote Originally Posted by Cayson View Post
    I'm gonna drink honeybadgers and stomp my face off!
    your new found excitement is infectious. love it.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

out. opening dayy bambi season. wifr might stomp & need babysitter, first lonertime @dees.

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    out. opening dayy bambi season. wifr might stomp & need babysitter, first lonertime @dees.
    Who said anything about Dee's?

And who gun hunts when you can bow hunt the rut?
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Who said anything about Dee's?

And who gun hunts when you can bow hunt the rut?
    Bow > Gun. Troof.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Exceptions will be made for these, so don't let a little ACL/MCL injury stop you from participating.

**Side note - If I ever turn up missing, please check Ray's van - he knows where I live now
    That is too dang cool!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    That is too dang cool!
    When I was in high school, and the two years after, I built a bunch of robots for competition. A lot of them were like this. It was the coolest thing I've ever done.

Back to Global Fat discussion.

I see Dirt has been busy delivering papers to get ready for Global Fatbike Day.

And who gun hunts
    Hmmm, I'm not the sharpest stick but That smells like a trick question.
    Its the 35th anniversary of my first deer hunt with my Dad, hunted every year since (except when away in Marines). Can't end that streak.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Happy birthday, buddy!
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

[IMG][/IMG]

Hot diggity dog!

Three local bike shops have agreed to provide a fat bike tire at a discounted (or free) cost for the event! The plan is to have a raffle for each of the tires, with proceeds going to FORC for local trail improvement projects. You'll be able to enter as many times ($5 each) as you wish. I am thinking a couple Nates and a Knard? Suggestions welcomed!

Special thanks to:
    Bike One- Moline, IL
    Bike and Hike- Rock Island, IL
    Healthy Habits- Bettendorf, IA
    Drew Hanson- Hanson Photo Design (For the rad poster)

All three shops contribute to the awesome and growing fat bike scene in and around the QC!

Looking forward to seeing you all on December 7th!

Cheers!

rad.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Make that a FOURTH bike shop that has joined in the fray!

B&B Lawn and Cyclery has generously donated another FAT raffle prize for the event! Thanks to Scott at B&B. (mtnbkn1)

Be sure to give a big thanks to all the shops that have contributed and are helping make this event even better.

Was hoping I could score a fat bike before this and, thanks to studs at Bike 'n Hike, I'll be joining on my new Pugsley. Pumped!

THIS JUST IN...

Trek Store in Davenport has graciously decided to donate a fat tire for GFBD raffle. Benefits of which will be donated by QCFB to FORC.

This makes (at least) 4 new Surly fat tires that will be finding a new rim to wrap at GFBD. This makes me happy as I will be winning one of them! (The fix is most definitely in)

They wanted to let everyone know that they have SEVEN (7) Trek Farley's IN STOCK at their Davenport location. I threw my leg over one last Friday and they are most definitely a great fat bike to consider. They have small (15.5) Medium (17.5) and Larges (19.5) assembled on the floor. Do yourself a favor and go ride one.

So be sure to visit your neighborhood bike shops this holiday season and spend some hard earned cash LOCALLY. I have asked my family to shop at the local shops and businesses not only for me, but for everyone on their list.

STOMP ON

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not the sharpest stick but That smells like a trick question.
    Its the 35th anniversary of my first deer hunt with my Dad, hunted every year since (except when at GLOBAL FAT BIKE STOMP). Can't end that streak.
    Fixed it for ya.

Goldy not there for GFBD.....................

yep, burn the tires and scrap the frame.
    Wish I could grow hair like that, I'd have the coolest DA or bouffant 'do. Sniffle.

Picked up the donated tire at Bike and Hike a couple days ago- they have IN STOCK one small (16") blue Pugsley, one small Pugsley Ops (green-ish) and one medium (18") black Pugsley. So do yourself a favor and go pick yourself or a loved one up one of these super rad bikes and join us for GFBD.

It's only 11 days away. 11 days. River is at crazy low levels, and dropping.

Prime conditions, fellas.

PRIME.

They did have 4 in stock. I helped get them to 3. Hope I can keep up with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by orange guy View Post
    They did have 4 in stock. I helped get them to 3. Hope I can keep up with you all.
    By keep up I hope you mean in # of beers. Average fat bike ride is about 2.5mph.