Thread: WTS Surly Rack Front

Default WTS Surly Rack Front

Surly Racks are well-thought-out, durable, expedition-worthy racks that work with most panniers. While our racks aren’t limited solely to heavy duty touring, that is what they were designed for.

Repairability should be a consideration for any product that will be used in every extreme, which is why the main body of our Racks is made of tubular CroMoly steel. In the rare instance that the Rack breaks, you should be able to find, even in the most remote regions of planet Earth, somebody to TIG, MIG, stickweld, braze or solder a Surly Rack back together. An aluminum rack won’t afford you the same luxury. The Racks’ hardware is stainless steel.

Our height-adjustable front Rack is a lowrider/highrider design. Panniers mounted in the lowrider position provide a more stable ride, but can be a burden when riding rocky or rutted roads and trails. The upper rails provide an alternate pannier mounting position for these types of conditions. The platform above the wheel provides extra space to lash on more stuff. The front Rack mounts directly to forks equipped with a midblade eyelet, located approximately 165mm from the dropout eyelet. This is a standard eyelet location found on many touring-specific forks, including our Long Haul Trucker fork. We also provide hardware to securely mount a Surly Rack on forks that do not have a midblade eyelet…which means you can mount it on almost any rigid fork, providing there is nothing in the way.

Paid $135.00 + shipping new for it.

It's BRAND NEW, never used. I'll let it go for $110.00

To see it...

http://surlybikes.com/parts/cargo

Let me know if interested!!!
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Will this fit on a Moonlander?
    Rubber side down, shiny side up.