Thread: WTB Shimano Shifters

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default WTB Shimano Shifters

9 speed without indicators. I have some Deore LX's on there now but can't position them where I want due to the indicators being in the way.

I suppose if someone had a SUPER SWEET deal on shifters and a rear SRAM derailleur I would consider that.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I was able to remove the indicators on my shifters (SLX). Maybe yours are removable as well?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

They are removable but then it leaves the guts open and exposed. Some of the newer or higher end solve this issue, however mine or Deore LX and a few years old. So I looked on line and it appears cover plates are not available. Some have fabbed their own covers. Other have sawed off the indicator and put tape over the hole.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Don't know if this is the same with your shifters, but with my XTs there were cover plates included but they were hidden on the back side of the indicator stalks and could only be accessed when the stalks were removed.

My slx came with the covers seperate.

If you really I want is vote for fabbing up own cover. Downside to cutting them is ur kinda stuck with them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

just cut them off with a hacksaw. Seriously! I broke the indicator on a deore shifter and literally cut it off. Been running it for years like that, working flawlessly.

I have 9 speed LX shifters sans indicators. Was thinking of getting new Deores. I will let you know when I do if you haven't gotten any by then.