Thread: Sylvan trail conditions

Default Sylvan trail conditions

yesterday I walked the island and it was worse than i thought it would be. No riding today and prolly not tomorrow either. I'll stop by after work tomorrow to see if it will be good for Saturday. Maybe we'll get to ride for an hour before the next batch of rain.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I stopped by the island on my ride tonight and checked things out on foot. The interior trails were really chewed up by bike traffic but the soil was drying and starting to firm up. I didn't notice any standing water on the east side trails and didn't make it to the west side of the island. The levee trail next to Sylvan Slough was an absolute mess. There is still standing water and multiple deep ruts from bike tires as well as foot and dog traffic. It was bad enough that people were not using the path and a trail was starting to form next to it. The trails leading up onto the levee were also chewed up pretty badly and there was evidence of significant soil movement in some areas (we should probably discuss doing something about those areas in the near future).